Problem flashing new ROM with A500

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys, am new here and have a new to me problem.

I have rooted and ROM'd a phone several times so not a total newbie. I just bought a new A500 16GB this week. I formatted fat-32 a 32gb Class 10 card, installed some applications, installed iconiaroot, then used acer recovery to install clockworkmod.

I coppied the Thor ROM to the same directory as I installed iconiaroot from. However, when I got through the process to choose the rom to flash, I only see a data and a clockworkmod subdirectory, no files, no other directories. When I go into ES Explorer, it sees the whole directory structure. ROM Manager sees the Thor ROM, but doesn't install properly.

Seems I need to be able to see the directory structure in recovery which I can't. Someone suggested mounting it, which I did, but that didn't change what recovery saw?

Thanks!

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, still stuck...in addition to the above, I realized that Acer Recovery installed an old Recovery. I copied Thor's new Recovery to the SD card, but I have the same problem with that file as I did with the ROM, it doesn't see the files and directories in the root of the SD card.

Help needed please:'(

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, still stuck...in addition to the above, I realized that Acer Recovery installed an old Recovery. I copied Thor's new Recovery to the SD card, but I have the same problem with that file as I did with the ROM, it doesn't see the files and directories in the root of the SD card.

Help needed please:'(

Make sure you are selecting "install zip from Sd", then "select zip"

Also, it seems you do not have the files on the root of the sd. I would do this, remove your sd, format it to FAT32 on your pc, copy your rom.zip directly to the root, install, then boot to recovery and follow the above steps.

Should be pretty cut and dry. And the recovery version really doesn't matter. You can flash an updated recovery.zip later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol