December Update

witnercoat

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Got a notice last night that an update was available. Anyone know any details for the update? Looked like a small one, but want to know more before accepting.

Go, Go EVO Power!... Something something Tapatalk.

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
This update should have came earlier but it was rolling out regionally. I still haven't gotten it but I have a pal who did and the ui is alot more improved as in faster, no more wifi drops, updated market which fixes lag downloads that's pretty much it and the last honeycomb update. :), read on

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Acer...r-Iconia-Tablets-in-January-2012-230292.shtml

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: itsdorian

spud357c

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
No sign of it in Canada yet but, in a response to an inquiry to Acer support, they say the roll-out will start in limited numbers later this week with the rest to follow in a couple of weeks.

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Update on the update: got it tonight. First thing I did on the reboot was to come here. First thing to happen was...........the browser crashes...again. At least I know that was one thing they didn't bother to fix:-\ it would be nice, not to mention polite, if the have you a change log....man, no point in asking for the ridiculous!

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Update on the update: got it tonight. First thing I did on the reboot was to come here. First thing to happen was...........the browser crashes...again. At least I know that was one thing they didn't bother to fix:-\ it would be nice, not to mention polite, if the have you a change log....man, no point in asking for the ridiculous!

Yeah the browser wasn't supposed to be in the update they're not going to bbother because of ice cream sandwhich. The only reason the update is so late was because it was rolling out regionally. Try using dolphin browser its awesome better and faster

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine rolled in tonight (12/20).

This is a small update which brings the new market version (music purchases).

Mine was actually two back to back updates.
See this post. The first was sort of normal the second had big scary "Don't Touch it" warnings.

I had a few minutes use in between the updates where I found mic volume much improved, but then when the second one come thru, it was back to crapy again.

And no, the Dolphin browser is no better than the stock browser.

Any of you folks having WIFI problems in the past may want to try this version.
Tethering to Ad-Hoc mode routers? Anyone test this yet?

I see very little change in this version, which is Acer_A500_7.014.02_COM _GEN2 Android 3.2.1
This version started rolling out a month and a half ago in Australia.

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Dolphin browser is 10× better in every way. Not arguing I was just trying to help the guy that was having crashes on the stock browser.

Reactions: Jude526

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol