1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation I cant get my iconia tablet into recovery mode

Hey guys i just bought this new tablet and it is password protected so it requires a hard reset to be able to use it. Ive tried that step and it keeps giving me an android logo with

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Default Re: I cant get my iconia tablet into recovery mode

if its new return it and get a new one

That's what I would do,, it obviously is used and someone obviously returned it.
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

When you do a hard reset it can sometimes take 10 or 15 minutes to re-install the software.

Sorry OP, but your original post looked incomplete, so am not quite sure what you were going to add.

But like the others say, return it for an exchange, unless you bought it off e-bay or Amazon. That might take awhile. Or if it's a non-returnable item.

In the chance somebody did indeed own it, and tried "modding it", you can, with pwr off, hold vol- and press and hold PWR. After several seconds, you may see some text in the upper right corner, then release both buttons. This should boot into a custom recovery menu. If it does, then indeed it is a pre-owned device that somebody tried installing custom software on.

I have a Acer a500 and game froze up so I shut it off and turned back on and now it's staying on the Acer screen or Android screen, tried recovery mode but it gives me Android man with red caution symbol, what can I do. Plz email me at thanx

I'm having this exact same problem. Is there a tech-savvier person out there who might be able to me out?

Thanks.