1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does anybody have this case?

Does anybody have this? If so can I have some reviews and pics

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Default Re: Does anybody have this case?

Yes, it came in the box with the Costco package. It makes it easier to hold the Unit.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Can you post some pics of it on please

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

Yeah, I got mine from Costco with this case also. It's ok, but I hate cases in general and this one was no different. The way it holds the tablet allows it to slide down a bit which causes the front camera to not be aligned with the hole. Not a big deal but just one of those annoyances that comes with using a case. I prefer to use a stand to hold my tablet while using a keyboard and mouse. Otherwise I like my tablet bare. I did do a lot of shopping around for cases and stands and wasn't impressed with the case selections. Good thing I don't like them...
    -Stay thirsty my friends.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah I'm seriously looking for some kind of protection cause I cracked the back of it on accident. I had to send it in. If that's the case if rather get something else

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

i paid more for mine at staples when the tablet came out in May $40.00

The case I'd okay, it stretchs over time and the a let slides around inside. I bought one and its cheaply made

I bought the roocase that doubles as stand. It looks good as far as I'm concerned and works well.
    EVOlution: Original Palm Pre --> HTC EVO Shift --> Samsung Galaxy S3 --> Nexus 5

I bought that case the day after Thanksgiving. I also have the Targus case that I bought in July with the tablet. The Targus is better for sitting on a table as it allows for more variation of position, however it is much heavier and bulkier. The Acer is the case I use the most. It is especially better if you want to hold the tablet in your hands. As someone else said, it does have a tendency to slide down and partially block the front camera, but you can easily slide it back up. However, what hasn't yet been mentioned in this thread is that it also covers the microphone which is located at the top center where the screen meets the bezel. I cut out a section to expose the microphone. Of course, that is right where the velcro tab to hold the cover closed is/was located. I got some small velcro tabs at Wal-Mart and put one right above each upper corner of the screen.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Bought a similar one at target and this at bb the bb one is sturdier but thicker and easier to remove the tab from.

Go, Go EVO Power!... Something something Tapatalk.

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts

Don't buy that case it's junk! Get the nice leather/felt case/stand at Best Buy. It's about the same price if not cheaper and it's a heck of a lot better!

ROM
    paranoidKangdroid

Ya its not that good of a case...but it came included with the 8gb A500 I bought online so I can't really complain. I can't believe they charge $40 for it though.

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

yeah i paid $40 and its ok from keeping it from getting scratched and the stand position is pretty nice but doesnt really protect it...

ROM
    None

The case came with mine also I don't like it much it also has a funny smell to it. I purchased a leather one off of ebay that I like much better it does make the unit a little bulky but I still like it alot. Here is the link to the seller. Yes its only $11

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidXTC View Post
    The case came with mine also I don't like it much it also has a funny smell to it. I purchased a leather one off of ebay that I like much better it does make the unit a little bulky but I still like it alot. Here is the link to the seller. Yes its only $11

Mine doesnt smell...actually wondering what your doing to have it that close to your face that you can actually smell it...lol

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by scarryman04 View Post
    Mine doesnt smell...actually wondering what your doing to have it that close to your face that you can actually smell it...lol
    I can smell it 5 feet away it stinks like rubber.

I purchased the acer case with my A500 and it tore when I was trying to put the tablet in it. I returned it because its NOT worth 40.00. I purchased the rooCase from overstock. com (link below) and love it. Its a little bulky but not near as bad as the targus case and its way more secure.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

I bought the $10 Sheath Portfolio cover on Amazon.com, and it is awesome. It is very sturdy with quality construction. I think I'll be using it for a long time.

just to throw another case into the mix.... i just purchased this one
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...idcentral00-20

saw the deal on xda and jumped on it

Quote Originally Posted by icepack View Post
    just to throw another case into the mix.... i just purchased this one
    Amazon.com: CaseCrown Bold Standby Case for Acer ICONIA TAB A500 Series Tablet: Electronics

saw the deal on xda and jumped on it
    For $5 shipped, how could anyone go wrong!
    EVOlution: Original Palm Pre --> HTC EVO Shift --> Samsung Galaxy S3 --> Nexus 5

I bought that case for 1.31. The next day, they dropped it to 1 cent. Lol. I'm going to try it out and if I don't like it, I'm going to get that roocase.