Acer a200 rear camera

Tracey220

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the A200 and it does NOT have a rear camera. Whose bright idea was that? I thought this was supposed to be an upgrade from the A500. Returning theA200 tomorrow.

Tracey220

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the back up Black Jaguar25. There are 2 things I can't stand, a liar and a thief so being called a liar got under my skin. I wish I were more tech savvy, I would take a pict of the tablet and post it. No I haven't returned it yet waiting for my A500 to come in.

dehart007

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
All,

On 1/9/12 I went to Best Buy and purchased the Acer IconiaTab A200. Yes Best Buy made a mistake and had them out. Since then I noticed Best Buy has removed them from their website and also I noticed they removed them from their locked cabinet in my local store. I noticed that Micro Center has them listed and also at $50.00 of the $349.00 price. So they have them on the website ready for shipping for $299 for the 16gb model.

Micro Center - Acer Acer Iconia Tablet A200-10G16u XE.H8QPN.001

I don't know what the deal is with Acer and their distributors but obviously they have communication issues.

For those that were asking there is no rear camera or HDMI port. Also,

The Acer A200 box on the outside has a sticker that says "Upgradeable to Andorid Ice Cream Sandwich, when available" which is a great plus.

After 5 days of using the tablet I'm pleased with the purchase. The only negative comments about the tablet is the Mic is very poor quality. Using Skype or just doing an audio recording my voice always sounds muffled. Also the volume is low even when turned up to Max. I'm hoping these issue will go away to some extent when ICS is released for the tablet. I called Acer support to confirm the OTA update for the A200 to ICS. They confirmed that it will be in February.

Cheers

Cheer

dehart007

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
4 Star General,

Yeap I do. I removed the "digital clock" widget as it was always an hour off. I just use the weather widget. It doesn't show the time but you can always see the time in the bottom right of the Tablet anyway (its big enough).

4 Star General

May 12, 2010
Visit site
exactly my problem as well, and I use the weather widget also. Just wanted to make sure I didnt have a bad unit. Hopefully ICS will correct it. thnx

Last edited:

touch-a200

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I know this is not the thread for it but you said your mic is poor quality. How is your Google voice search working? Is opening with the mic lit up like I wan making a lot of noise then slowly goes down. If I use the gvs 3 or more times then it lodes like its quite. Bit still has trouble picking up my voice. I have not tried Skype or recording anything yet.

dehart007

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Google voice search is not very accurate due to the mic. To get it to recognize my commands you need a silent room(not realistic). I've used Skype and the people I Skype with say it sounds muffled. In general the audio system in the A200 is not optimal (nice way of saying its crap). I downloaded Equalizer from the Android Market and set all the sliders to Max and now I can hear audio finally! I had a hard time watching Netflix on the device if there was ambient noise in the room because I couldn't hear the audio very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci