Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Alternate Keyboard

The onscreen Kb is killer. I cant use it, well I can, but 2 finer typing doesnt do it for me. Typing in english is fine with the kb correction, but as soon as I switch languages, its a stuff up.

Is there a keyboard option I can use? I do a lot of typing and I need something errr that works well.

Though about buying an Ipad bluetooth / wifi keyboard. That should work, but might have a negative impact on battery life.

Would a conventional usb keyboard work?

Default Re: Alternate Keyboard

Try using Slide it keyboard in the market. It works great on this tablet.

You could try buying and pairing a BT keyboard and use that. Not sure though about using a conventional keyboard as I haven't tried it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hey thanks
    Im trying the soft slide it keyboard right now and it seems to work work pretty well. I now just need to get use to the spacing of letters.

Bought the logitech bt keyboard and it really works great and can be configured for Android hot keys.

Personally, I love the SwiftKey keyboard. Nice predictive text and easy to switch languages.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Bluetooth and USB keyboards work well, though I have found it is a total pain to tote them around with the tablet- may as well bring along my laptop. The device will also recognize wireless keyboards and mice with those little USB receivers.
    My favorite keyboard (I have tried ALL of them) is by far Thumb Keyboard by Beansoft. It has a killer split keyboard that works great.

I use SwiftKey X works great for me.

My favorite is Hacker's Keyboard from the google Marketplace

I prefer beta.swype.com for a soft keyboard.

Any regular USB keyboard should work, just plug one in.

I tried swiftkey X and can't get used to it at all. So I'll stick with Slideit for now.

I forget who makes a case with built in keyboard. I have a Logitech my self and so does my Verizon rep.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I would prefer a case type keyboard cost then I can really setup a mini office from anywhe,. I like the flexability the tablet has. If I can type 40 words a minute I'll be happy too. Stoked actually :-)

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

If you want a physical keyboard I highly recommend Motorola's Android BT Keyboard:

Amazon.com: Motorola Wireless Keyboard for Motorola ATRIX and XOOM (Motorola Retail Packaging): Computers & Accessories

Great price! Small form factor and Android shortcut keys make this a must have for tablet users. I use mine along with a USB connected mouse and that makes my tablet very PC like in functionality. When not using the BT keyboard I use SwiftKey for tablets. Great word prediction and you can change the keyboard layout so that the key group closer to your thumbs when in landscape mode. Great vKeyboard!

https://market.android.com/details?i...JsZXQuZnVsbCJd
    -Stay thirsty my friends.

i saw but did not try the moto bt keyboard

I got Kensington also has a universal case / bt combo that fits list price 99-

u can usually get it for 59- online search

2 year warranty on it

the bt key board is small & thin but works great

i dont like the case, bulky,, but you will be office ready

but i just usually put the key board in the belkin folio case to take it along

also i have the hp bt keyboard can get for $25-ish, works good, crappy battery door & crappy switch & is also much larger

plenty of other options, check amazon & newegg so u can check out the reviews as well

my opinion; once u use a bt keyboard you won't use stock again unless u dont type much
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Can anybody confirm if I could use a bt keyboard and a bt mouse at the same time? Ie making my tablet PC like?

I confirm, it works very well.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Is battery life affected?

I have actually been very surprised at the battery life overall with the A500. It doesn't seem to drain any faster with wifi or two BT devices connected...

I, too, use Hackers keyboard almost exclusively. Other one I use is Slide It.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

I go back and forth between Thumb Keyboard and swiftkey x. Both are great keyboards.