Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: ICS update

OMG I just got ICS on my A500 and i couldn'tbe more excited!! Pictures to follow shortly
    Sent from the future on my Evo 4G LTE

ROM
    Stock

Sent from the future on my Evo 4G LTE

BAZINGA

just got a support email from acer. ICS update is happening april 19th - 27th.

Well we'll see. Here's hoping.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #132  

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

we'll see

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Hmmm. I did not receive an email... just hoping it comes before the three A200s my office ordered arrive. Otherwise, my coworkers will be confused. Haha

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry if my reply confused anyone. Just for clarification, I had emailed Acer tech support last week about ICS and they had finally emailed me back with the statement concerning the April 19th - 27th push. I can't speak to how true it is because I don't know, I just felt that I should pass the news along in hopes that others have heard the same. I emailed them tonight again concerning the short windows because I am confused as to how every device could be updated in such a short time. Rest assured that as soon as they get back to me I will post what is said.
    Last edited by jhowle9475; 04-12-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Just do the manual update. Works great

Manual update as in manually check for the update or put a ROM on it?

I'm think he is talking about manually loading the ICS leak.

Nah, I stay away from roms. I have had bad experiences in the past. I had a phone once with Verizon called a thunderbolt after loading a so called leaked rom onto it, it would randomly power cycle. This phone was replaced because of it and I don't want to experience the head ache again.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #139  

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

amen I had the same trouble
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #140  

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

you can bet that if/when ICS gets pushed to the a500 it will be like the shot heard around the world. It will be all over android central and other sites so I'm waiting for the first person to let us all know.

Under the A500 it says the update will begin its rollout in the US and Canada on April 27th!

Now the long 10 ± day wait! I'm like an 8 year old boy waiting for Christmas. The stress involved!!!

Lol that's funny

Acer benelux did post on facebook that the acer a500 will get android 4.0 on april 19 in the benelux. I hope it is true

No, Acer's official announcement says April 27.
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (but not for long) or Acer Iconia A500

Yes but that is only for us, canada. They said nothing about europa.

This update better be good and not yank it do to problems. ButI'm excited as all hell!

The roll out has started. My A500 got updated this morning, about 5:30 am PDT.

You wanna know what i think is funny? The forums at xda-developers.com is well known for android development and has always been the first to have users post any news about things like this. What i think is funny is that NOT A SINGLE USERS ON THERE has said anything about getting the Acer ICS OTA yet. Plus, it stills says on acer web page that he update doesn't start till the 27th so i am with the user that posted the comment about either post a screen shot or it didn't happen. I think some people are yanking our chains.

I'm interested in the fact that these early updaters don't have the acer ring judging by their screenshots. What's up with this? I thought they were including it in their ICS update for the a500. That's what I was looking forward to the most to be honest.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast