ICS update

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
can't fine the link in this thread for the acer website where the date was given. Does anyone remember the date on the acer website for ics to be out for the a500?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It's coming. Just be patient.

In all honesty though, I could have saved enough already to purchase an ICS equiped tablet since ACER announced ICS was coming to our a500's but I happen to like this thing and don't want to give it up yet. Installing the leaked ICS build went pretty smooth and gave it new life but my only gripe is that plugging in a USB storage attachment in the USB port got borked. It worked in honeycomb flawlessly but not so much in this ICS beta. Oh well.....ACER....hurry the hell up!!!!

rednocturne307

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
It's coming. Just be patient.

In all honesty though, I could have saved enough already to purchase an ICS equiped tablet since ACER announced ICS was coming to our a500's but I happen to like this thing and don't want to give it up yet. Installing the leaked ICS build went pretty smooth and gave it new life but my only gripe is that plugging in a USB storage attachment in the USB port got borked. It worked in honeycomb flawlessly but not so much in this ICS beta. Oh well.....ACER....hurry the hell up!!!!

I'm hoping they fix this for the release version but we'll see. I don't really use the feature anyway. What I do hope stays intact though is the usb controller connectivity. I plug my xbox controller into my tablet to play emulators. It's one of my favorite features of the Iconia so if it got removed it'd be a really unfortunate loss of functionality. Not really a deal breaker for like 90% of people though.

edit: Also did anyone else get the update for the updater in the android market in the past few days on their Iconia a500? Most redundant update ever? Lol

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
icspic.jpg

:)

ksevern

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. I did not receive an email... just hoping it comes before the three A200s my office ordered arrive. Otherwise, my coworkers will be confused. Haha

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if my reply confused anyone. Just for clarification, I had emailed Acer tech support last week about ICS and they had finally emailed me back with the statement concerning the April 19th - 27th push. I can't speak to how true it is because I don't know, I just felt that I should pass the news along in hopes that others have heard the same. I emailed them tonight again concerning the short windows because I am confused as to how every device could be updated in such a short time. Rest assured that as soon as they get back to me I will post what is said.

Last edited:

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Nah, I stay away from roms. I have had bad experiences in the past. I had a phone once with Verizon called a thunderbolt after loading a so called leaked rom onto it, it would randomly power cycle. This phone was replaced because of it and I don't want to experience the head ache again.

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
you can bet that if/when ICS gets pushed to the a500 it will be like the shot heard around the world. It will be all over android central and other sites so I'm waiting for the first person to let us all know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar