How to determine version of Honeycomb?

zionfrost

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone please tell me how to determine what version of Honeycomb I'm currently running on the Iconia 500? I had to do a "factory reset" and things are now messed up, and I'm trying to figure out what to do. (Messed up in the sense that some apps keep asking me to force-close them). Thanks!

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
go to settings, then to about.

the version is there should be 3.2.1 i think (i dont have my tab with me but its in the settings)

but you probably have to do another reset if your having issues

did you add a new or different sd card or anything else?

back up any data that you need 1st

on the next reset be sure to choose wipe data or similar, i forget exact name, but you can look in the manual or search the best method to do the reset completely. sometimes if it does not do it right you have to do it again.

also be sure to test it with no apps but only stock apps, if those are ok then add one app and fully test it for a day, then add another app and test again.

keep track of what apps you install cuz it could be an app causing the issues, if not its a hardware issue if several resets do not fix it.

let us know how you made out and if it was an app issue which one.

Last edited:

zionfrost

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Cellmeister. Are tablets like PC's? I assume you can backup data but NOT programs/apps? I'm a long time PC user and have a PC repair business but some of these newer technologies are quite confusing to me. Tnx agn.

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
@ zionfrost your most welcome.

Quck brief answers;

1) yes they both have an os & no different os , linux modified aka android os so a difference
2) if stock all market apps u can back up (google also keeps back ups, look in settings). u can connect your microusb to your pc & copy & move some apps & data. but, if rooted, best way you back back up all apps & data if you buy titanium backup, mybackup pro etc on market.
3) suggest more reading manual, here, xda & other forums & u-tube

Once you do a little reading you will see all these simple answers & have a better understanding

since your technically minded already its just reading & some youtube vids for u

hope that helps :D