Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Docs to Go vs QuickOffice

I'm wondering which one people think is better and why?

(Both came preinstalled on my Iconia a500).

Since you have each you should be telling us

Sent from my Skyrocket using Tapatalk

Default Re: Docs to Go vs QuickOffice

I use documents to go. Works well for me. Also since you have both pre installed you will have to buy them from the android market not Amazon or they won't install the full version.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by UnfocusedHTC View Post
    I use documents to go. Works well for me. Also since you have both pre installed you will have to buy them from the android market not Amazon or they won't install the full version.
    QuickOffice appears to be the full version -it says QuickOffice Pro and doesn't say anywhere that it is a limited or trial version. Docs to Go says it's an Acer Bundle version, and you can purchase to unlock additional features. But I'm not sure what I can or can't do with what I have, so I wanted to get some other opinions.

Since I bought docs to go o also was ably to put in my inspire as well
    Banned

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Docs to Go works with external SD, QuickOffice does not.

QuickOffice works with DropBox, Docs to Go does not.

Since I keep my frequently used docs in DropBox because of the auto sync feature to all my PCs, I use QuickOffice. Docs to Go has not come up with anything new since I used it on my Palm Pilot so good riddance.

I can use my external SD card with Quick Office Pro. I've learned that Quick Office works better for some documents, and Docs to Go works better with others. Think Free office is another that Iuse for printing as it just seems toworkbest for that.2

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

The biggest drawbacks I've found to Quick Office is not working with SD cards and not being able to handle complex formulas in Excel. I have the full versions of both, and I use Quick Office for most things except Excel. Quick Office is a little more intuitive imo, and I like the menu operations better. Docs to Go got a lot better with a recent update, but I still think it is not as easy to use as Quick Office.
    BusyManNva
    Palm Treo --> Nokia E71x --> Rooted HTC Inspire 4G --> Motorola Matrix HD & Rooted Iconia A500 (ICS)
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,028 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Docs to go works on my DINC and GNEX with Docs to go without issue.

Problem with Docs to go is formatting looks wrong but when you save it and open on a pc everything is where is should be.
    It doesn't handle tabs/ right justification too well IMHO.

Much better then quickoffice though.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts

i can't get the docs to go to open a pdf file but it appears only the paid version enable that. I just use adobe reader for pdf files. haven't had an occasion to use it on any other type files like .doc or .xls

ROM
    Stock

Have you tried Google Docs? I think it works better than both personally
    Sent from the future on my Evo 4G LTE

I've used Doc's to Go for a very long time and since I got a paid version I always put it on any new device I get.. Also I got Quick Office when it was the free app of the day at Amazon. Both do the same thing so I feel it is more a matter of what you like. If one came pre installed,on your device then save the money.. If you have already had one on a previous device then put that one on your new device, and it shouldn't cost anything. For those that don't already have a good office app on the new or a previous device to bring over then I mention "KingSoft" office as an alternative, and it is available for free in the Play Store, it has over 5000, "5 star " ratings.