Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: beware XDA: its not the same any more

Quote Originally Posted by zpithika View Post
    I completely agree that some people are rude on XDA. I am a user and avid reader of XDA forums and I get annoyed with people asking the same question over and over also. That being said, Ill never understand how yelling at someone will help anything. Its almost as though people go on specifically to call out others. I like to compare this situation to YouTube. I make videos on YouTube and time and time again, people will comment asking a question answered in the video or already answered in the description, etc. The best way to handle that is to leave it be. I find that on some days I'll be generous and answer the question. And other days I don't even respond and I don't get myself or others worked up over nothing. By being rude, you push people away from wanting to post. And i know people may consider ignoring someone rude but its still a much better solution than blowing up at them. I know that personally I barely post on XDA because the community just doesn't seem as friendly as Android Central. I have the utmost respect for the devs and the people there but instead of being rude and congesting the threads with hate, just ignore the post. I'm starting to get more annoyed with the rude comments than I am with the stupid questions. Everyone on XDA needs to chill and focus on what's most important. In this case, what's most important is how android is the best OS ever haha.
    Well said.....

Default Re: beware XDA: its not the same any more

Regarding the Thor tegraowner Ics ROM
    I feel I need to help anyone who had done an ota update from acer to upgrade from honeycomb to ics. There had been a persistent sod problem when the iconia goes to sleep.I actually had to try all different roms but to no avail. I even unlocked the bootloader, you need to if you have stock ota update. Flashed different recoveries and still the sod problem continued. Thankfully I found the solution in Thor ics version 170. No more sleep of death. Its probably because Thor used his own kernel which is different from other acer leaks.not sure what and why but somehow the problem is solved and I hereby give testimony to Thor ROM reliability and usability.zero bugs so far. Without Thor, my tablet cannot be used and it cannot sleep at all.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12