typing lag

prich3#AC

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So I've been using the Iconia tab since Christmas and really enjoy it, minus 1 thing. Typing on it is terrible. When I type, there is a significant lag, as in a full second or more. Its happens in Facebook, google docs, etc. I sort of notice it with simple link selects on website too. I was wondering if others are noticing this or if there is a way to fix it. Thanks.

witnercoat

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the stock keyboard? May want to try an alternative keyboard.

Go, Go EVO Power!... Something something Tapatalk.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I have seen this as well. I've tried multiple keyboards and they all seem to have lag. I think the best fix for this will be the ICS update, but who knows when that will come...

prich3#AC

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I'm using the stock keyboard, no I wasn't on any of those 'bad sites', and of course I have turned it off and on again (I have to do this every once and a while anyways due to my screen freezing periodically). Does anyone have any recommendations on how to fix this?

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I am running the leaked 4.0.4 and it fixes the lag issue and is much smoother when typing.

Is the screen freezing the browser or with specific apps or just completely at random? You could have a bad app installed.

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I recently had this issue because I had to many apps that were accessing the internet constantly. I recently found a good task killer that closes apps when the tablet is shaken whether the screen is on or off. You can turn up the sensitivity so that as you type it's killing tasks. Its by a developer called 'smartwho' spelled as one word. Give that a try.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...kManager&feature=search_result&token=YyU5iul5