ICS update on my A500 this morning

Silleck

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
My Acer500 Iconia received the ICS 4.03 update this morning - 6:00 am (NYC)- it took about 1/2 hour and so far everything works perfect....i'm still exploring but many of the screens look much nicer as a first impression.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the notice. I've got a few friends/tech-dependents with that tab and they will probably have questions. I'd say "It's about time!" but a bug-free release is usually worth the wait.

madsend81

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
No, I didn't. I'm not as tech savy on the tablets as many others on this forum are, so it didn't occur to me to try and do that. I just let it unzip the file and install. Is it possible to find the zip file to provide it here? I have a file browser that I can use to look for it.

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
You can look in the your root directory but it is probably not there anymore. What people do is as soon as the down completes they power off the tablet then put the SD cards in the PC and copy the zip file before it unzips and installs it.

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
You wanna know what i think is funny? The forums at xda-developers is a more well known forum and has always been the first to have users post any news about things like this. What i think is funny that NOT A SINGLE USERS ON THERE has said anything about getting ICS yet. Plus, it stills says on acer web page that he update doesn't start till the 27th so i am with the user that posted the comment about either post a screen shot or it didn't happen.

madsend81

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'll post a pic when I get home. I don't try to yank people's chain online. It's just not really that fun.

I don't bring my tablet to work, so for the next few hours until I get home, you'll just have to take my word that it happened.

I did see an article on Android Police.com about A100 users getting it early. I originally thought it said A500 users, but I was mistaken. It is here if you want to read it.

Last edited:

madsend81

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I understand the skepticism regarding the udpate, but I have a picture now to prove to those who must see to believe that I got the ICS update on my A500 today. I wish the quality of the pic was clearer, but alas, it is what it is.

From the pic you can see I have an A500, the version is 4.0.3, Kernel version is 2.6.39.4+

I didn't do anything special to deserve this update. I just woke up and my tablet said an update was available.

dwillia117

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I received an update notification this afternoon. It is the ICS upgrade. I've downloaded and updated and everything seems OK so far. However I can't figure out how to enable the Acer Ring that everyone is talking about. Any ideas?