Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ICS update on my A500 this morning

My Acer500 Iconia received the ICS 4.03 update this morning - 6:00 am (NYC)- it took about 1/2 hour and so far everything works perfect....i'm still exploring but many of the screens look much nicer as a first impression.
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Default Re: ICS update on my A500 this morning

Thanks for the notice. I've got a few friends/tech-dependents with that tab and they will probably have questions. I'd say "It's about time!" but a bug-free release is usually worth the wait.

Nice nice nice i hope i get it soon to!!!

Pics or it didn't happen. Please.

Mine updated this morning as well, 5:30 PDT. I haven't had much time to play with it yet, but I will when I get home from work.

Did you happen to save the zip file?

No, I didn't. I'm not as tech savy on the tablets as many others on this forum are, so it didn't occur to me to try and do that. I just let it unzip the file and install. Is it possible to find the zip file to provide it here? I have a file browser that I can use to look for it.

You can look in the your root directory but it is probably not there anymore. What people do is as soon as the down completes they power off the tablet then put the SD cards in the PC and copy the zip file before it unzips and installs it.

Well, I'll keep that in mind for the future. I'll check the tablet once I get home from work.

Still nothing here. Err. Probably will be a few days like the last update for me.
    Marble White Galaxy S3
    HTC Rezound
    Acer Iconia A500 32GB
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I did not think to save the ZIP file either. I'll have a look when I get home to see if it's still on the tablet.

You wanna know what i think is funny? The forums at xda-developers is a more well known forum and has always been the first to have users post any news about things like this. What i think is funny that NOT A SINGLE USERS ON THERE has said anything about getting ICS yet. Plus, it stills says on acer web page that he update doesn't start till the 27th so i am with the user that posted the comment about either post a screen shot or it didn't happen.

Ihonestly I wouldn't hold my breath until the 27th

I'll post a pic when I get home. I don't try to yank people's chain online. It's just not really that fun.

I don't bring my tablet to work, so for the next few hours until I get home, you'll just have to take my word that it happened.

I did see an article on Android Police.com about A100 users getting it early. I originally thought it said A500 users, but I was mistaken. It is if you want to read it.
    Last edited by madsend81; 04-24-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Misread linked article. Update description.

Ok. I understand the skepticism regarding the udpate, but I have a picture now to prove to those who must see to believe that I got the ICS update on my A500 today. I wish the quality of the pic was clearer, but alas, it is what it is.

From the pic you can see I have an A500, the version is 4.0.3, Kernel version is 2.6.39.4+

I didn't do anything special to deserve this update. I just woke up and my tablet said an update was available.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ICS update on my A500 this morning-p4240497.jpg  

By chance do u have the zip file

If you read my post from earlier today, I did not save the zip file. My apologies.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I received an update notification this afternoon. It is the ICS upgrade. I've downloaded and updated and everything seems OK so far. However I can't figure out how to enable the Acer Ring that everyone is talking about. Any ideas?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Screen shot attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ICS update on my A500 this morning-screenshot_2012-04-24-20-42-31.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Silleck View Post
    Screen shot attached
    No Acer Ring? Something's fishy here...

I'll believe, if someone factory resets, and saves the update.zip.

This is a screen shot with a ROM installed

This is what mine looks like with the leaked manual update. No root required.. would like the ring tho..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ICS update on my A500 this morning-uploadfromtaptalk1335335971106.jpg  

This settles that arguement...lol

Foolishness man update is not out yet
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast