Please HELP I must make a very difficult Decesion

sacosta115

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Any ways guys I need the advice of my fellow droids. I now have the means to upgrade my tablet. Its come down to either the purchase of 1). The ASUS Transformer TF101 (not the prime). 2). The Samsung Galaxy TAB 10.1 or as I would rather stick with Acer, since I currently own the A500 ( Damn I wish this ICS update would hurry the F@#k up) the ICONIA A200. So there's my options , and trust me I've done my Research/homework on these tabs from forums, spec sheets, individual review videos, as well as V.S Videos. So come Guys and Girls!!!!!! Need the advice. Ultimately I will make my decision by Midnight EST. with the help of your ya'lls input. Thanx A million!!!!

(Just so you know I'm still keeping my A500.Its my baby, my first and I wouldn't get rid of it at all. Unless this ICS blows up in our faces,lol)

Last edited:

sacosta115

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Why not the new Asus Transformer TF300 (AC review by Jerry: http://www.androidcentral.com/asus-transformer-pad-tf300-review). Tegra 3, IPS 1280x800 screen, ICS, only $399 for 32GB - much better (at similar price) than the other tablets you have listed here.

Thanks for your input, but I forgot to mention that The budget I'm on Consists of $150 and I'm gonna get either one from either QVC, NBC Shopping , Or HSN. Mainly because they offer monthly payments and I can have it paid for in two months. I would defiantly consider the TF300 , if they offered it, but the best they have to offer is these three, and I'm content with either of these, at least for now.

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Stick with the A500.

Galaxy tab cons: no SDCard slot, USB, HDMI etc. Everything has to be done through the dock connector on the bottom. Power plug is also on the same side as the dock connector.

Asus transformer cons: I don't know a lot about it but it does run external connections through a dock connector and I have heard a quite a few folks complain about bugs and other issues with the transformer

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Stick with the A500. ICS is coming and this thing will be like a new tab. Just think. If you keep the A500, you'all be able to spend that $150 on something else you want and still have a tab to play with.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
You would find the a200 to be a downgrade compared to the a500. The keyboard dock for the transformer has a touch pad like a laptop for the mouse. But more importantly, it has another battery in it.

zcostilla

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd say to Either stick with the Acer or buy a nook color and jump to CyanogenMod. As for myself, I'm going to give my a500 to my son once T-mobile releases their version of the Note or Samsung comes out with a 7.7 inch Note. I find that I don't really need the 10.1" of real estate but I'm drooling for the s-pen functionality.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1