1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    781 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Default Did the Ice update, and ouch...

I'm experiencing a few bugs, but the main one is a pain in the rear. If my A500 is not in use for while, it can't be powered on on its own. I have to plug it to the wall charger, and then power it on.

I did a soft reset, and I'm about to do a hard reset. I haven't seen any other A500 owner experiencing this bug yet, so I don't know if a hard reset will resolve this issue.

Ahh, this sucks lol...
    Rolling with Sprint since 3/99...

Default Re: Did the Ice update, and ouch...

Mine too. Hard reset in progress.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    781 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Rooted

I did the hard reset, and its still doing the same power off. My daughter is going to flip lol...

I'm having the same problem! It won't turn on without a hard reset of holding the power button for 10 seconds. Would a factory reset fix it? I am hoping to avoid that......

Disable the display sleep time setting and just turn off the display with a quick push of the power button.

Quote Originally Posted by paradox60660 View Post
    Disable the display sleep time setting and just turn off the display with a quick push of the power button.
    I can give that a try, but I don't know that the display sleep is the issue per se. I currently have my display sleep set to 2 minutes, and I can turn it back on successfully after say 5 minutes. In that case, it works as expected. It's when it's been off for much longer, like 1+ hours, that it won't turn back on. I don't have a specific threshold time period at this point.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    781 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by paradox60660 View Post
    Tried it, and nada. This bug is bugging the me out!!!

Same here. 30 minutes off and it won't come back on.

Same thing here. Really frustrating. If anyone has a solution that works, please post it here.

My tablet still locks up after a few minutes of sleep when not plugged in. The screen time out fix works when the tablet is plugged in. I was having lock ups both on battery and A/C.

So far mine hasn't had this problem and I hope it doesn't appear.

Really hope this doesn't happen to my brother. If it does then I'll have to cancel my plans for today lol.

Also, just tried downloading a pic from Google images and it won't download. Just keeps trying forever with no progress. Tried using Chrome and Dolphin with no luck.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    781 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Now the camera is starting to act up, and freeze. Man, did Acer release an alpha build of ICS, lol...

i have possibly found a solution. I stumbled across it by chance. I have an alarm app that has a setting to enable if the device will not wake from sleep. i enabled this and had no problems yesterday. The app is called gentle alarm and has a free version. i have the paid version but i assume it would have this same setting.

update:
    after three days of no problems on battery the sleep of death has reappeared. The last three days I was able to leave the tablet and return at any time and a quick press of the power button brought it back to life. Then last night it froze twice within 30 minutes. I plan to look into this more this weekend.
    Last edited by paradox60660; 05-05-2012 at 06:40 AM.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Does anyone know how to get the Acer Ring they are talking about? That did not show up with my download! Also what about the folder you are supposed to have where you can drag other items to the folder! Hope someone can shed come light on this! Thanks! Sue
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    781 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Looks like many are experiencing different types of bugs with this ICS update. I wonder if Acer is working on a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by oma1340 View Post
    Does anyone know how to get the Acer Ring they are talking about? That did not show up with my download! Also what about the folder you are supposed to have where you can drag other items to the folder! Hope someone can shed come light on this! Thanks! Sue
    Sue, here is the light:

Acer Ring is on Hold

Folder: Just drag APP icon on top of the APP icon you want to create a folder on.

After the folder is created, long press on it for options

There should be ICS update release in a few weeks for the bugs

Hope that helps

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Cellmeister View Post

· After the folder is created, long press on it for options
    To correct you on this. LONG PRESSING only gives you the option to move or delete the folder. To change the name, open the folder and tap on the name
    Sent from the future on my Evo 4G LTE
    Thanked by: