Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Fixed my ICS after info from Acer tech

Hi,
    Well i'm in UK got ICS on Monday tried it on my A500 and I hated it so many apps where crashing, so I emailed Acer UK Tech Support asking them for help they sent me an answer yesterday. I have tested all the apps that where crashing they all work now and the A500 is a lot faster...

WARNING make sure you BACKUP if you do this it WIPES EVERYTHING!!!!

Thank you for contacting Acer UK.

We understand your concern.

We request you to perform clean boot on the tablet and try to install the update again and this might fix the issue.

By performing clean boot the tablet will come to the factory default settings that means to the original state when you purchased the tablet.

Please follow the below steps to perform clean boot:

Note: Clean boot will erase all the data/information which is saved on your tablet. We recommend you to back up the data before performing a clean boot.

1. Shutdown the power (press the power button for long time to shutdown).

2. Press and hold volume up key (the key next to rotation lock) until you finish step 4.

3. Press power button for 3 seconds until you feel device vibrates then release power button.

4. Once you feel device vibrates, very quick to switch on/off "rotation key" many times (this activity has to be done very fast, otherwise it will not success). To ensure you success, switch on/off rotation key when Acer logo appears on screen.

5. Wait for a while (you will see Erase Userdata and Erase Cache on top-left corner on screen), device will reboot and start from OOBE screen.

Please let us know, if the issue persists after performing the above steps, so that we can assist you further.

We request you to contact us with the serial number of the product in future.

We can know the warranty status and the technical specifications of the unit with the serial number.

You can use the link below to locate the serial number of the unit.

Locating the Serial Number

Please let us know the date and store of purchase of the unit.

For further assistance please do not hesitate to e-mail or contact us on 0871 760 1000 (UK), 0818 202 210 (Eire).
    Hope this helps more people out who are having issues with ICS...

Default Re: Fixed my ICS after info from Acer tech

I followed this information, which is considerably more than Acer bothered to provide for me, and it performed the clean boot. How long after this reset did the tablet find the update for you? Mine hasn't found anything in the five minutes since I finished the reset.

Default Re: Fixed my ICS after info from Acer tech

I've performed several factory resets since my ICS update screwed my tablet. Sleep of death and severe battery were the biggest issues. I followed these instructions and nothing happened. Then, literally, a week or so later my tablet magically fixed itself. I got no update notification or anything, I just turned my tablet on one day and it's been fine ever since. Very strange, but I'm happy.