Acer Iconia Tab a500

rubydoobs

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Help!
My Acer Iconia Tablet a500 screen suddenly froze. Now I cannot turn it on or off.
I tried to press the reset button but to no avail.
The store that i got it from wont refund nor exchange coz it is a few weeks past the 45 day policy.
I dont know what to do with this defective product.
Will appreciate your help.
Many thanks:(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that the screen is off and the tablet doesn't respond at all to the power button, or the screen is on and frozen?

If the screen is on and frozen, try holding down the power button for a good 10 seconds--this might power the tablet down. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the power button again for 5-10 seconds to see if it powers back on. In case your battery is depleted, make sure it's plugged in.

If the screen is off and the tablet doesn't respond to the power button, then see if the light on the power button comes on at all while plugged in. If not, then your battery may just be plain dead, and there may not be much else to do.

Sent from my A100 using Android Central Forums

Charlesleonard

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you using he power on/off or the reset by the usb input? Also try plugging it in and letting it charge for an hour or so. Low batteries cause all kinds of strange reactions.And let us know what you found that works. If all else fails send it back to the factory for a replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38