1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Not connecting to WiFi 'Scanning' continuously

Morning all, new here, I'm hoping you may be able to help....

My son has an Acer Iconia A500 Tablet running Android 3.1. For some reason when switched on it is suddenly refusing to connect to the home WiFi - insisting it's 'scanning' on a continuous basis. It can 'see' the WiFi network, but won't/can't connect.

I've tried the obvious things and nothing has changed. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Any help/advice is much appreciated!

Default Re: Not connecting to WiFi 'Scanning' continuously

My 2 cents:

Try this:

The WiFi Router settings

Cell phones /tabs use a cheap generic WiFi cheap set, so they can not use the better settings (except security settings usually)

It is common issue to have the WiFi signal, says "connected" but there is "No connection" if the WiFi settings are advanced.

U have to set up your WiFi router or AP use the WiFi generic settings ie, 20mhZ, no dual band 2.4 only, etc

Try it, reboot, & try it

U can also just temporarily remove the password to the WiFi to test as well, just remember what ever you change on one u may have to change on the other, ie password just in case cuz its easy to forget

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

3.1?! Update him to 4.0 ICS...you should have a OTA

Quote Originally Posted by scarryman04 View Post
    3.1?! Update him to 4.0 ICS...you should have a OTA
    Not being a wise arse but:

Yeah no kidding did you not read the OP's statement"

" It can 'see' the WiFi network, but won't/can't connect"

Please read before u post

Thanks

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Yeah...well I'm guessing that since he hasn't responded in over a month he prolly figured it out or threw it out of a window.

Yeah, I should read first...my bizzzzzadddd!