Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scarryman04
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Acer tablet splash screen of death

HELLO all

i was recently given an acer tablet iconia 500 from what research i've done
    my problem is turn it on by holding power button for 3 seconds get a white acer logo
    and nothing else.
    so i tried to hold the volume button toward the power button pressed the power button 3 sec exactly waited for the vibration then started switching the lock button

happens fast so forgive any miss information
    i believe the first white line said ereasing user data,next line ereasing user cache, then something kernell then andriod icon with cog wheels spinning
    then andriod icon with the explamation point. after it sits for 5 mins or so maybe less it reboots on its own and goes to the acer splash screen and thats all

tried to reset hardware

no change

reset hardware the volume power thing again same result

looks brand new but was told it was only worth a hundred dollars and would cost more to fix this one rather buy a new one

Carrier
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Default Re: Acer tablet splash screen of death

Really need more info on tablet...where did you get it, did the last owner root, etc.

Sounds like its trying to do a factory reset and failing so your stuck without a actual OS on the tablet...I believe if you hold the other volume button and power you can get into the recovery.

If its rooted it should have a custom recovery such as clockworkmod or twrp and flash ROM from there with any ROM of your choosing from anywhere on a SD card...if not I'm sure you could find the official firmware on the web, name the file update.zip, put it on the root of a SD card and flash it in stock recovery to get it working again.
    poormansdvd likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Acer tablet splash screen of death

was givin to me by a friend because he was told it would cost as much to fix this one as to by a new one
    the only other info i got is the s/n
    if i try it with the other volume button it just keeps restarting
    if you could give me more info on the

"If its rooted it should have a custom recovery such as clockworkmod or twrp and flash ROM from there with any ROM of your choosing from anywhere on a SD card...if not I'm sure you could find the official firmware on the web, name the file update.zip, put it on the root of a SD card and flash it in stock recovery to get it working again. "

or how to find out which os is on it i can do more research i believe there are three different os for this perticular model

thanks for resonding