1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default a501 rooting (to use external hard drive)

I am interested in rooting my a501 so that I can use my external hard drive for watching movies and listening to music. The research I have done so far seems to show that I will have to downgrade to 3.0.1 (i think) in order to root. Then use Drive Mount to mount my external drive. Is this correct? I want to get my steps planned out before I start, so I am not flying by the seat of my pants.

Or, are there any A501 roms that would be preferable to flash after rooting instead of running stock 3.0.1?

Default Re: a501 rooting (to use external hard drive)

Since you have no replies:

I don't know but I would look & check out XDA-Forums as well

Hope that may help

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX