Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default Something just recently went wacky with storage.

This just happened recently, when i go in and add up all the used storage (apps, pictures, downloads.....) i come up with roughly 6 Gb used space, i have a 16GB internal card and a 16Gb removable sd card. but it tells me i only have approx. 3 Gb of space available on the internal storage. which is way wrong should be about 10Gb. the external cards stats are correct ie. 15Gb total space, 5.7Gb available.

So question is , is there an app thats taking control of all that space..7Gb worth.. or is the operating system gone stupid ???

BTW i am on the lastest update Version 4.0.3
    kernal 2.6.39.4+

and i'm not rooted.

anybody else seeing the same thing/?

Default Re: Something just recently went wacky with storage.

Hey there....just noticed the same issue. All of a sudden all app updates failed to download and I got a low disk space warning. This just started out of the blue and it makes no sense.
    #teamandroid

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

Read about this a year ago. I'm sure the solution was a factory reset

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Do you know what files are taking up this space?

If you don't, download a Free File Explorer to find out

Free from the Play Store:

ES File Explorer File Manager https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Ryb2lkLnBvcCJd

ASTRO File Manager / Browser https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...8uYXN0cm8iXQ..

Please post what you files you find that are the largest so we can try to figure it out.

Hope that helps

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX

May be related to temporary files and specifically GPS files. Root to gain access or factory reset to clear automatically.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.