External camera connection/download question

bkra13

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to move pictures from my Canon p&s to the A500. I do NOT want to go the route of File Manager HD - this isn't my tab, belongs to a total non-techie user to whom File Manager may as well be a manual to a nuclear reactor. I need this to be as painless and easy as possible.

So, I plugged the Canon into the tablet via hdmi, turned on viewer mode on the canon and the tablet automatically flipped nicely to the Gallery view and gave me options to transfer files from the Canon. I selected all the files, hit transfer and slick as beans, it started transferring. It created a Downloads folder in the Gallery and loaded the pictures there.. I thought.

But... it only transferred 43 out of 120 files, and no matter what I do, it won't transfer all the files. Doesn't throw any errors. I can select different files from the external camera and transfer them, the transfer "seems" to work but the files don't show up in the gallery album, but when I look in photo viewer, it has replaced the original files with the new files, but only to the limit of 43 files. So now I have the original 43 files in Gallery and a mix of 43 files in Picture Viewer. Weird.

Is there a limit to what the transfer can handle? Where does it store the files transferred from the Canon, and why do different pictures show up in the Gallery vs Photo Viewer? But only 43 in any case?

Also having a difficult time finding any decent documentation on how to work with Gallery or Picture Viewer outside of File Managers.. does any exist?

Thanks for any insight.

bk

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Use astro file manager app. Very easy to use. Just plug your camera into the USB on your tablet. If not you can plug your tablet into the computer and your camera and transfer the files that way.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante