A500 with Jellybean Custom ROM
After running a custom Ice Cream Sandwich ROM in my A500 for the last year, I finally upgraded and installed this Jellybean ROM:
[ROM]Jelly-Bean_4.1.2_CM10-FLEX_v6supercharged_Aroma(22-Nov-2012) - xda-developers
This ROM is based on Cyanogen Mod 10 (Android 4.1.2) and it runs great! I feel like I have a brand new Android Tablet. I did try a few other Jellybean ROMs, but most of them had some quirks (like the keyboard sometimes wouldn't come up) or were laggy, but this ROM is smooth.
One thing to note: To upgrade to any Jellybean Custom ROM you'll need to have your Acer A500 with the unlocked ICS bootloader. At first I didn't have the unlocked bootloader and when I booted up my A500 after installing one of the Jellybean ROMs it would get stuck at the "Acer" boot up screen. Just a tip in case you have difficulty installing Jellybean ROMs.
- 03-31-2013, 02:20 PM #2
- 04-24-2013, 05:58 PM #3
- 04-29-2013, 10:02 AM #4
- By tommymsw in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 12-07-2013, 01:04 PM
- By koopakid08 in forum Barnes & Noble Nook ColorReplies: 6Last Post: 08-07-2012, 03:32 PM
- By coilbio in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 05-24-2011, 11:21 PM
- By elbaso in forum Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 02-06-2011, 04:48 PM
- By Schmid7y in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 06-09-2010, 05:49 PM