Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One Stock All the Way

Default A500 with Jellybean Custom ROM

After running a custom Ice Cream Sandwich ROM in my A500 for the last year, I finally upgraded and installed this Jellybean ROM:

[ROM]Jelly-Bean_4.1.2_CM10-FLEX_v6supercharged_Aroma(22-Nov-2012) - xda-developers

This ROM is based on Cyanogen Mod 10 (Android 4.1.2) and it runs great! I feel like I have a brand new Android Tablet. I did try a few other Jellybean ROMs, but most of them had some quirks (like the keyboard sometimes wouldn't come up) or were laggy, but this ROM is smooth.

One thing to note: To upgrade to any Jellybean Custom ROM you'll need to have your Acer A500 with the unlocked ICS bootloader. At first I didn't have the unlocked bootloader and when I booted up my A500 after installing one of the Jellybean ROMs it would get stuck at the "Acer" boot up screen. Just a tip in case you have difficulty installing Jellybean ROMs.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: A500 with Jellybean Custom ROM

Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    After running a custom Ice Cream Sandwich ROM in my A500 for the last year, I finally upgraded and installed this Jellybean ROM:

[ROM]Jelly-Bean_4.1.2_CM10-FLEX_v6supercharged_Aroma(22-Nov-2012) - xda-developers

This ROM is based on Cyanogen Mod 10 (Android 4.1.2) and it runs great! I feel like I have a brand new Android Tablet. I did try a few other Jellybean ROMs, but most of them had some quirks (like the keyboard sometimes wouldn't come up) or were laggy, but this ROM is smooth.

One thing to note: To upgrade to any Jellybean Custom ROM you'll need to have your Acer A500 with the unlocked ICS bootloader. At first I didn't have the unlocked bootloader and when I booted up my A500 after installing one of the Jellybean ROMs it would get stuck at the "Acer" boot up screen. Just a tip in case you have difficulty installing Jellybean ROMs.
    A little outdated. TegraOwners has 4.2 for A500.

So where do we get the TegraOwners version?
    DROID Master

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    ROM

Search Google for Tegraowners forum
    [