Can Google Play Movies Play from an SD Card?
I am going on a trip in the near future and I wanted some movies on my tablet. I downloaded several movies via Google Play onto my tablet and because I wanted to save space on my internal memory I managed to move the movie files onto the external sd card. The movies will not play now though. The first few seconds of the movies play and then they stop. I assume this has something to do with DRM as the files are called wvm files not wmv files. Is there any way to get around this? Where can I buy movies that will play from my external card? Should I download movies onto my pc first and then transfer to the external card on the tablet? If so where do I buy movies that can be moved to other devices?
- 11-10-2013, 08:31 PM #2
Re: Can Google Play Movies Play from an SD Card?
The short answer is that content pinned to your device from Google Play Movies is available only from internal storage, and/or can be streamed from any other device connected to that account. It is possible to save them and watch them from an SD card with Root access. It may make more sense just to move some other stuff (pictures, etc) to the SD card or a cloud backup, etc for the same space saving goal. I may be mistaken, but I believe that this will be true for most, if not all, movie playing apps that allow you to legally purchase content playable on an Android device.
Side note: Discussion of methods and or apps used to circumvent copyright protection methodology is not allowed.
- By YinYang0718 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 6Last Post: 01-20-2014, 11:32 PM
- By zgrm in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 3Last Post: 11-15-2013, 11:22 PM
- By Algus in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 11-11-2013, 01:01 PM
- By Heinzelmannchen in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 11-10-2013, 11:48 PM
- By Flashheatmvp3 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 11-10-2013, 07:32 PM