Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By latinafire7287
  • 1 Post By wizzrah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default acer 5oo won't take a charge or touch screen won't respond anymore. corrupted file

I thought my tablet was bricked. It wasnít.
    I had notice that it wouldnít let me do anything anymore. It stopped charging the battery. when it loaded to the home screen it just wouldnít respond when you touch it. My thought was okay the battery is 3 years old and itís probably bad. So I went out bought a battery and installed it. I let it charge overnight. When I got up the next day it still didnít charge. I reopen the tablet and trace the power back to the battery. There wasnít anything wrong. So I decide to fix the software then I will go back to look into the battery. I had to put the image software onto the SD card then force it to restore through the SD card(power and volume up will restore from SD card). Once I did that boom the battery started to charge again. So I really didnít need to buy the battery in the first place. .
    So the moral of the story is fixed the OS first. Also make sure you rename the image fill in order to install the image that is on the SD card. I hope this helps other out because i never found anyone else with this same problem.
    wizzrah likes this.

Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Default Re: acer 5oo won't take a charge or touch screen won't respond anymore. corrupted file

Quote Originally Posted by latinafire7287 View Post
    I thought my tablet was bricked. It wasn’t.
    I had notice that it wouldn’t let me do anything anymore. It stopped charging the battery. when it loaded to the home screen it just wouldn’t respond when you touch it. My thought was okay the battery is 3 years old and it’s probably bad. So I went out bought a battery and installed it. I let it charge overnight. When I got up the next day it still didn’t charge. I reopen the tablet and trace the power back to the battery. There wasn’t anything wrong. So I decide to fix the software then I will go back to look into the battery. I had to put the image software onto the SD card then force it to restore through the SD card(power and volume up will restore from SD card). Once I did that boom the battery started to charge again. So I really didn’t need to buy the battery in the first place. .
    So the moral of the story is fixed the OS first. Also make sure you rename the image fill in order to install the image that is on the SD card. I hope this helps other out because i never found anyone else with this same problem.
    Nice going! Good job on fixing a weird problem.
    latinafire7287 likes this.