Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How to remove CyanogenMod from Acer Iconia A500

    I'm hoping someone has more knowledge than I do on this matter. I received an Acer Iconia A500 as a gift from a good friend, but it appears that she has replaced the original operating system with something called "CyanoGenMod". The tablet is known for being one of the top of the line tablets (at least it was at the time that I received it) but it runs extremely slow! For example, if I try to watch any type of video on it, it freezes up and restarts itself. Heck, if I'm browsing the internet with more than one tab open at a time it restarts itself. The icons on the desktop disappear randomly. It's impossible to do anything on this tablet!

    I'm frustrated and just want it back to the way it came in the box. How do I achieve this? I'm pretty good at following step-by-step instructions even when I'm doing something I've never done before, but I can't seem to find any instructions on the web about this.

    Can anyone help?
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,782 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: How to remove CyanogenMod from Acer Iconia A500

    Welcome to the forums.
    Let's try something else first: Do you know how to reboot into recovery mode?

    Edit: Sorry, just found it. Power it off, and hold volume down and power until you reboot into recovery.
    Select clear cache partition.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: How to remove CyanogenMod from Acer Iconia A500

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    Let's try something else first: Do you know how to reboot into recovery mode?

    Edit: Sorry, just found it. Power it off, and hold volume down and power until you reboot into recovery.
    Select clear cache partition.
    Thanks for your response! I did this and it seems to be running better. The screen won't rotate even though I have the screen rotation enabled, which is annoying but doable. I also noticed a major lag while trying to download a movie but besides that it is running a lot better. I am still interested in getting this Cyanogen off the tablet, though.
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,782 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: How to remove CyanogenMod from Acer Iconia A500

    Quote Originally Posted by jociepoo View Post
    Thanks for your response! I did this and it seems to be running better. The screen won't rotate even though I have the screen rotation enabled, which is annoying but doable. I also noticed a major lag while trying to download a movie but besides that it is running a lot better. I am still interested in getting this Cyanogen off the tablet, though.
    The only way that could be done is to reflash a stock ROM. The question is, if it is available?

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: How to remove CyanogenMod from Acer Iconia A500

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    The only way that could be done is to reflash a stock ROM. The question is, if it is available?

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
    Where do I go about finding a stock ROM?
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,782 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: How to remove CyanogenMod from Acer Iconia A500

    Quote Originally Posted by jociepoo View Post
    Where do I go about finding a stock ROM?
    Try XDA developers.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-04-2014, 03:06 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-17-2014, 12:05 PM
  3. Apps to SD
    By RionDunn in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2014, 11:04 AM
  4. How to Invoke Lockscreen?
    By ksat in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 11:29 AM
  5. "Tap to take a Pic" during video returns to Google Camera
    By LeoRex in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 09:45 AM

Posting Permissions