Device lag

xavioremu

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone experienced lag when switching between screen or just in general when you turn the tablet sideways or upside down? On mine when its right side up (ie dock port facing down) it works great with no lag at all, but if I do the same when turned any other way, its most obviously laggy for some odd reason. I did try a factory reset but the same thing is happening. Anyone else experience this?

reconboy

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes I receive the same thing but I think this is more in relation to software than hardware. Hopefully Acer will receive the 3.1 update and push it to us soon to correct a few problems that are with the tablet as it stands now.

xavioremu

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, well its good to know its not just me. Hopefully Acer is actively working on 3.1 for us. The bug fixes and 3.1 changes will be a huge plus for our tablet.

reconboy

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Plus with 3.1 and full USB support I can just about rid myself of my work laptop and go strickly tablet. Which this is something the company I work for is starting to head towards ....

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Plus with 3.1 and full USB support I can just about rid myself of my work laptop and go strickly tablet. Which this is something the company I work for is starting to head towards ....

What part of USB support is missing under 3.0.1? Mouse?
Everything else works for me.

reconboy

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
What part of USB support is missing under 3.0.1? Mouse?
Everything else works for me.

As per my first post, this eliminates the need for a laptop at the company I work for since we have just deployed VMI solutions in our IT Dept which makes my life as a tech there alot easier by just taking the tab with me to trouble shoot another users PC or network problem but yet have a hard keyboard and mouse via USB hub to the tab while in my office. :)

One other note is gaming with a ps3 or xbox 360 remote wired or wireless just puts icing on the cake....

Fumetsu

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Someone on XDA mentioned a device wipe/reload as soon as you get it. I had mine for a few days and then wiped it and the lag seemed to noticibly decrease -- in fact, I can't recall getting any lag with screen switching since then.

I had considered exchanging this within 14 days for credit at Best Buy so I could pick up the Galaxy Tab 10.1, but decided to stay with the Acer. The SD expansion and USB port are extremely useful. I've used the USB port to completely charge my EVO in places I otherwise would not have had access to a power outlet.

I cant wait for the 3.1 update, the Android USB support announced at Google I/O should make that full USB slot very useful for a myriad of devices (external HD, keyboard, mouse, gaming, etc). I hope Acer is quick with the updates and I really didnt see anything, aside from the USB port, that would cause delays (no annoying manufacturer skin, etc). A little disappointed in the locked bootloader, but this is a really solid device, I only hope Acer doesn't let me down!

wanderer82680

May 16, 2010
Visit site
agreed, really liking this device. Only thing is i would actually like to play with the asus transformer. Hardware is almost exactly the same, just would like to see it as well.

Fumetsu

May 23, 2010
Visit site
The Asus was my first choice too but they really flubbed with the lack of availability. The Average cost a bit more but I don't regret my purchase (at least not yet). :)

wanderer82680

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The Asus was my first choice too but they really flubbed with the lack of availability. The Average cost a bit more but I don't regret my purchase (at least not yet). :)

Thinking the same thing myself, got it on Friday so I still have the majority of my 14 days with bb to decide. If I can not get a transformer in my hands before then there will be no looking back. Can not see why someone would buy a zoom wifi over this with the price difference. I know they can unlock the boot loader, but still .... 600 bucks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692