Using Iconia w/ Digital Camera

jeggen

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I am considering getting either the Iconia or Transformer. While the screen seems to be better on the Transformer (from what I have read, never actually witnessed one) the Iconia has a huge advantage for me with a USB port.

I am wondering if the software is out there to download images from my camera and then review/upload to Picasa? I know I can already do the review/upload part with the Gallery in Android, but what about downloading from the camera?

I have a digital SLR that I normally use and would love to be able to shoot in RAW+JPG and then use my Iconia to download the JPGs and upload them to Picasa. Anyone ever tried a workflow using an external camera as the source of your photos? How well did it work, does the Iconia handle this well? Is this suitable for doing this and then editing blog entries? If so, I think I can replace my laptop for travel with this and would be a very happy user!

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I plugged a 16GB memory stick into the USB host port and all the files were recognized and accessible. All you will need is a USB card reader to read the card from your DSLR.

groan

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Someone on Xda has a working raw decoder. I don't have the link at the moment but if you search the keywords i am sure you will find it.

Posted from my Moto Atrix on Tapatalk

marchourticolon

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Is there a solution to directly read the DSLR's memory from SD or CF with an Android device while taking more photos? I am looking for a solution to display the latest photo on my attached Android device. So i can preview the latest photo instantly on a larger screen.

Greetings from Hamburg,
Marc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781