Tablet is malfunctioning :(

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've only had the table for 2 days, & I'm having issues with it already.
The power button works sometimes, then sometimes it doesn't.
When turning on the unit it will display the lock screen most of the time.
There are times when it will display the home screen for a second, then quickly jump back to the lock screen.
The unit has also froze a few times after turning it on.
A reset didn't help resolve the power button glitch.
Going to do a clean factory reset and see if that helps.

Has anyone else had this issue?

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope, can't say that I have and I've had the tablet for a few weeks now. Maybe you have a defective unit? Let us know how the factory reset goes!

JaimeInParker

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to say - I have not seen those issues - just twice I have had the touch screen stopping responding and needed to power down - good luck with reset - please update status!

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
After the reset, it's not as bad.
Most of the times it will power up just fine when pressing the Power Button.
I do have issues when I try to power up the unit and nothing happens.
The lock screen will appear after a 2 second delay, then quickly go back into sleep mode.
After I press the Power Button gain, it will go back to the lock screen and work as it should.
I seems to happen about 10% of the time.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely going to return it. I'm now wondering if I should give the same device another go, or go with another brand altogether. Something only giving me a day or so of usage before having issues is not good.
Hoping that this is just one bad apple in the bunch.

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd say it's a bad apple. Mine has been running flawlessly from day one. Good luck in whichever you choose as the replacement!

Myronbg

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been having a similar problem. If it's a sleep for a while (not too sure how long it takes) it does a full power off & takes a 10 -15 second hold of the power button to re-boot. As I've had it for almost a month, & I really like it other than this issue, returning isn't an option & not a deal breaker. Mostly a PITA. And hoping someone here actually finds what the cause may be OR 3.1 solves it!

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Issue is getting worse. Rarely comes on now.
Talked to Acer & they said it's probably a hardware issue.
Going to return it and wait for the Samsung 10.1 to hit the stores so I can weigh my options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay