High definition video

batmanyoda

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Been messing around with 1080p video on my tablet today and preliminary tests are pretty exciting! Ive tried several formats with decent results.

The problem I'm faced with is smoothing out the playback. I have tried avi, mp4, and m4v at 1080p and Moboplayer has played most reasonably well. However, playback is definitely stuttering using standard playback or soft-decoding.

Has anybody had any success with HD? If so, any tips or tricks you can share?

batmanyoda

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
In case anyone is following...progress is slow but being made! It's all about the mp4 profile which I suspected all along based on the Acer doc! Baseline profile seems to be working the best so far! Just need to optimize bitrates since I don't want to waste space on my USB drive!

HD on the display looks awesome!

romylam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Try a bit rate of 2400, it should be smooth enough to play on the Iconia with optimal quality. I reconvert all my HD videos to this bit rate and all works perfectly, not to mention to decrease the file size as well.

Regards
Romy

batmanyoda

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Try a bit rate of 2400, it should be smooth enough to play on the Iconia with optimal quality. I reconvert all my HD videos to this bit rate and all works perfectly, not to mention to decrease the file size as well.

Regards
Romy

Thanks for the tip Romy! Looking at video with a bit rate of 3K and a file size of 2GB and it looks beautiful!

Next step is to get my preferred program setup to do the encoding. Any chance you use DVDFab?

scottw714

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Get Handbrake, it's a file converter and it's free.
Then search for Iconia/Zoom templates.

I found one that converts to 720p that won't stutter when you play it on the tab.
I converted 'Inception', the file is 3.6 GB, but the quality is really good.

I have read that our tabs won't play 1080p until the 3.1 update.

Reactions: project.in.process

batmanyoda

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to create a custom profile for DVDFab using HandBrake since I've paid for DVDFab and having been using it for several years now.

As far as 1080p video on the device, I am encoded at 1920x800 with the base profile in HandBrake thinking that was 1080p. Is that not the case?