project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
is your printer hooked up to the internet/wifi?
also, is it hooked up directly into a computer already?

if so, is it a "shared" printer? (meaning you can have it hooked up in the office @ home, but send a document to it from a laptop in the kitchen)

look at this app

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing except usng the USB port on the tablet to plug the printer directly in to the tablet. I will try it and post the results.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing except usng the USB port on the tablet to plug the printer directly in to the tablet. I will try it and post the results.

I'm thinking you will need the printer drivers in order for it to work directly.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
until the printer manufacture makes an Android printer driver, you will have to use an add. i use printershare (it does cost), but it works pretty good.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I also use PrinterShare to print wirelessly to my HP printer. Have it on my Motorola Milestone as well as my new Iconia tab.

cguella

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I am also using Printershare free version. I have Dell laser on my home home network and installed Printershare on a computer then added the Dell network printer to Printershare. I then installed Printershare on my Android, logged in using the ID number they gave me, and can now print from Android on or off home Wifi network and voila printouts appear on my Dell laser.

gcims

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
if you have a recent HP printer, it may have HP ePrint where all you have to do is email the document to an HP designated email address, and it'll print from any machine any where in the world that has an internet access. Not a direct solution but opens up a world of flexibility.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I have Printer Share and just discovered a strange issue today. I cannot successfully print documents I create using either QuickOffice Pro HD or Documents to Go. I can print Word documents created by other programs, including QuickOffice Pro on my Motorola Milestone Android 2.1 phone. I can also edit documents created either on my phone or Windows computer, save them, and then successfully print them. I can print email, pdfs, etc. The only thing I can't print is a document created on my Iconia Tab. I have all the latest updates installed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Printer Share, both before and after rebooting. If it does try to load the document I create on my tab, it hangs up at about 60-61% - even for a document containing only one short sentence. It makes no difference if I save the document in the older Word .doc format or the newer .docx format. Has anybody else experienced anything similar?

UPDATE - I have learned that I can save the documents to my Google Documents account and then print them from it, or after saving them at Google Docs I can load them into Documents to Go and save them to a folder on my tab. I can then print from it. So evidently the conversion process in saving to Google Docs strips out something added by both programs (Documents to Go and QuickOffice Pro HD) that keeps them from being printed otherwise.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084