Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Internal Storage Full?

Anyone having a problem with their internal storage appearing full when it really isn't? I've seen a few threads on other forums with this problem on both the A500 and Xoom, so it must be a Honeycomb bug. The problem is, it also won't allow you to install apps. The only solution I can find is to do a factory reset, but that does not guarantee the same thing won't happen again. Can anybody help?

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast Jelly Bean

I had this issue the other day and unfortunately the only fix I found was a factory reset. I don't believe its limited to just us, however, I've heard that the Xoom has experienced this issue as well.

Are you rooted? If so, I'd recommend removing a couple of apps and installing Titanium Backup, backing up your other apps, copying all the Titanium files to your desktop/laptop and doing a factory reset and move everything back. I tried to save mine to my SD Card but unfortunately it saved the backups to the Internal memory, not the external SD card, so I lost all my apps and had to reinstall them.

If this happens again I'm going to try and troubleshoot and find out why its occuring. Hopefully we'll get a fix soon!
    My Phone: Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    My Tablet: Acer Iconia Tab A500

Global Posts
    584 Global Posts

I had this problem on my Incredible, but unfortunately the resolution on my Incredible doesn't seem to be working with my Iconia. On my Incredible, I had to delete the memory on the app that was using the most memory.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdem View Post
    Anyone having a problem with their internal storage appearing full when it really isn't? I've seen a few threads on other forums with this problem on both the A500 and Xoom, so it must be a Honeycomb bug. The problem is, it also won't allow you to install apps. The only solution I can find is to do a factory reset, but that does not guarantee the same thing won't happen again. Can anybody help?
    I too, just experienced this problem, I plan to do a factory reset, considering I literally just got this tablet, I'm not terribly concerned about reinstalling everything, but I sure hope this doesn't continue to be a problem. There's certainly no way the apps I have installed are taking up all the internal memory. I was dismayed to notice I couldn't move apps to the sd card.

Global Posts
    584 Global Posts

Mine went away by itself. Idk what I did.

Strange. I had this problem for the first time yesterday. I got a message saying I was about of storage. I don't even have apps enough for 2 of my 5 pages, but it says I'm using 12GB and about out of storage. That's odd considering the amount of apps and media on my Motorola DroidX, with no problems. Anyway, yesterday I was also afflicted with a plethera of Force Close messages on my tablet. I'm not rooted or anything, only had about 1.5 months. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Internal Storage Full?

I had this problem on my transformer a well. I think the upgrade to 3.1 fixed it though. At least that was my understanding from the moto zoom and transformer posts I found on cds. So you guys have 3.1 yet?

Same problem here. I ended up doing a factory reset and so far all is good. I have been watching my storage space closely to see if I can find out when it might start increasing unexpectedly.

Jim

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Internal Storage Full?

I had over 1GB of log files. Use SDMaid System Cleaner and delete all the log files (/data/Log/).
    My problem was solved