Battery ?

pov1

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been great. Two nights ago I did a test, checked the batt level 93% set airplane mode put it on standby & went to bed. Got up & waited a full 12 hrs, turned on deactivated ap mode & checked 93%. By the way I also have Juice Defender set on standard mode. I have no complaints. I noticed even before I started using ap mode very little drain. What gives ? I've read all the threads on problems people are having & not experienced them. This is my 3rd a500 after having problems with the first two, one was my fault after accidentally knocking off my desk, landed on the charging pin which broke after trying to straighten . Second Amazon sent me a return which wouldn't charge. I've had the new one for about a week & it works flawlessly knock on wood.

trgilman

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I had not thought about doing the AP mode, my standby time has been pretty awesome anyway.
After adjusting the screen brightness down, and setting it on auto adjust, my battery life has noticeably increased. I still want to do a full charge and continuous discharge test to get the actual life between charges. I'll probably do that this weekend, and post the results in the forum.

trgilman

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I found the time to do a battery test this weekend.
Running video back to back, I had the battery down to 5% in appox 6h 45m.
Less then stellar results, but enough for you to watch videos and play some games if you're flying cross country. If you turn off WiFi, I'm sure that would give you at least another 30 minutes.
Videos were 720 x 480, and total video bitrate was at 2651kbps for all the videos. I used Moboplayer for playback. Screen was set on auto brightness, which seemed to be more then adequate brightness for viewing videos.

Fumetsu

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I normally get 12-15 hours with moderate usage and Ive gotten as much as 3 days on standby. Havent tried constantly running videos, though. Overall ive never found battery life to be an issue, ive even used it to charge my Evo when on the go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21