Car charger for the A500

quadcam#CB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Haven't tried the Amazon car charger but I am using a car charger from Radio Shack for around the same price.

Radio Shack Enercell 12 v DC 2amp with tip adapter to fit the Iconia. The tip adapter you need is a "G" tip and the part # 273-324 and the tip is postive +.
The tip is slightly longer and does not have the groove that locks it into the charger slot but it works just fine. Comes with either a flexiable cord or a really long cord. Enercell also have ac chargers using the same "G" tip adapter.
Car charger part# 270-052
G tip adaptor part # 273-324

The only problem with this charger is the tip that plugs into the Iconia does not have the groove in it that locks it into the socket, it works fine without it though, you just have to make sure its in place & dont move the tablet around while charging. The amazon model may or may not have the necessary groove, can't see in the picture on the web site.

Whatever charger you choose you need a 12vDC 1.5 to max 2amp to suit the Iconia

eric6052

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have an adapter I bought several years ago that converts a regular 110 plug into a car charger. I really haven't had a need to charge my Iconia in the truck yet but its an option. I like this adapter because I can use it with any gadget without another specialized car charger.