Just got mine today

mikepr

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
When I was looking for a new tablet I narrowed it down to the Asus t300 and the iconia a510. I actually got the Asus first. Very dissatisfied! For a quad core the t300 is slow! The benchmarks looked good but in actual use my Xoom seemed to clean its clock. Also it felt kinda cheap. There were creaks when picking it up by the side. The back seemed to have a slight gap so it would move and click as you used it. The worst thing was that the display would have all kinds of junk on it when using the wifi a lot. Not great if you're trying to stream a movie. In contrast this 510 is a dream!!! It screams both in benchmarks and actual use. Web pages pop up fast and crisp. Programs are quick and responsive. I've been trying to go through everything in the few hours that I've had it. Everything reloaded through my google account without a problem. I've tried all my most used apps and they all seem great so far. I just have 2 issues. First is the touch screen. It seems to take just a bit move pressure for a key click than I've been used to. I'm getting over that fast. Second is a werid problem with the GPS stat program. It seems to think that north is west. Probably just a calibration issue but I'll be looking into it more. For real life issues the GPS seems fine and accurate. I used it in google maps and it had me right where I was and tracked me perfectly. And the feel of this system as I hold it in my hands is great! It's solid! Easy to hold! No creaks and clicks! It feels like a quality system..

If people are having problems I'd like to try to reproduce them on mine. And if I find any problems I'll post them here.

himmatsj

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
It seems you can adjust the screen responsiveness in the settings. For some reason or another, Acer didn't calibrate this nicely(it's admittedly less responsive than other tablets), but luckily we can change it ourselves.

What about heat issues with your tab while playing games?

I am looking forward to buying this as I've already sold my Tab 10.1 and would be glad to know what you have to say about it.

CTREV21

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered an Acer. A510 ICONIA with 32 gb and a 32gb. Card. Need sleeve and car charger. Any suggestions?

Sent from my sorry ass EVO 3D

freddyg67

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Got the A510 today and I must say its a fantastic machine so far. I diteched the Toshiba excite 10 at300 (2nd unit) due to problems with synching accounts, system freezes and video playback errors. Nightmare device and Toshiba support weren't exactly very good either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay