Alcatel One Touch Idol wi-fi problem

A

AC Question

Hey. Sorry if any of this sounds stupid, I'm not exactly knowledgable when it comes to tech of any kind & english isn't my first language, but I'll try to explain the issue as best as I can.

A couple of days ago I noticed my phone had lost connection with the wi-fi at home, or so I thought. The bars that are usually blue when the internet is ok are now constantly white as it is when the phone is searching for a network/hasn't connected to a specific one. Turns out it is connected to it, but not everything loads. For example I can view videos from the browser or the drive app, but if I try to open the youtube one it says "please check your network connecton" and a message saying that com.google.process.gaps has crashed appears. Same message appears sometimes for google play services I think. I don't get notifications from apps such as twitter anymore, but with some effort the phone manages to load the app itself.

I haven't had the chance to connect to another network to see if the problem persists. I don't use mobile internet often and I don't recall installing a new app on the day that the problem occured. There are other devices at home that don't have that problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey. Sorry if any of this sounds stupid, I'm not exactly knowledgable when it comes to tech of any kind & english isn't my first language, but I'll try to explain the issue as best as I can.

A couple of days ago I noticed my phone had lost connection with the wi-fi at home, or so I thought. The bars that are usually blue when the internet is ok are now constantly white as it is when the phone is searching for a network/hasn't connected to a specific one. Turns out it is connected to it, but not everything loads. For example I can view videos from the browser or the drive app, but if I try to open the youtube one it says "please check your network connecton" and a message saying that com.google.process.gaps has crashed appears. Same message appears sometimes for google play services I think. I don't get notifications from apps such as twitter anymore, but with some effort the phone manages to load the app itself.

I haven't had the chance to connect to another network to see if the problem persists. I don't use mobile internet often and I don't recall installing a new app on the day that the problem occured. There are other devices at home that don't have that problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried rebooting your router?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana