Wake up from off-state and run alarm is implemented!

Marcus Storn

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I was very pleased when I discovered that my Onetouch Idol 3 can wake up from power-off state and run a preset alarm.

I never saw it mentioned in any of the reviews I have read. It's a brilliant feature and I've been missing it from my Samsungs and iPhones of the last few years.

I used to have this feature in all the Symbian phones in the past, so it's great to have it back in an Android device running Lollipop.

Another reason to stay away from the uber-expensive flagships!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
That's awesome - I never knew any phone could do that lol. So you set an alarm, turn your phone off and it powers it back on when it's time for the alarm to sound? or have I misread the post haha!

Marcus Storn

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Yes, that's how it works. I guess Alcatel/TCL have their own implementation done in ROM where the real-time clock (RTC) can trigger the alarm app at a preset time. I think some other Chinese manufacturers do it as well (ZTE?).

And as I mentioned, it used to be a feature of all the Symbian phones. Also Blackberry had it I believe, but sorely missing from most of the Android flagships today. Also iPhones.

The way it works on the Onetouch is that the alarm screen comes on and when you acknowledge the alarm, it turns the phone off again immediately. On my Symbian phones you will be prompted if you want to turn the phone on. Yes or no.