Can we customize the LED notification light?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The LED notification light on the idol 3 seems to only work with missed calls, messages, charging and low battery alert. I've tried light flow, led blinker and an xposed mod to use LED notification with Gmail and some other apps but none of them work. Anyone know of an app that allows us to enable or disable LED notifications for specific apps?

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The LED notification light seems to only work with missed calls, messages, charging and low battery alert. I've tried light flow, led blinker and an xposed mod to use LED notification with Gmail and some other apps but none of them work. Anyone know of an app that allows us to enable or disable LED notifications for specific apps?

Try Light Flow: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ulting.android.lightflow&hl=en&token=vsjX_6Q-

I took a quick look and I don't think it requires root access; however, you may need to try it out and verify that it works with your model Alcatel device. Let us know if that works and if it's what you are looking for.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Try Light Flow: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ulting.android.lightflow&hl=en&token=okVNlIA3

I took a quick look and I don't think it requires root access; however, you may need to try it out and verify that it works with your model Alcatel device. Let us know if that works and if it's what you are looking for.
Looks like light flow works on the idol 3 but it won't let me select certain apps.

Edit: just installed light manager and it works like light flow and I can enable the LED notification light for any app that has notifications.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Looks like light flow works on the idol 3 but it won't let me select certain apps.

Edit: just installed light manager and it works like light flow and I can enable the LED notification light for any app that has notifications.

Awesome! Is that what you were looking for? It's a little hassle to have to search for a third-party app...but that's the benefit of using the Android ecosystem: choice/options!

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Awesome! Is that what you were looking for? It's a little hassle to have to search for a third-party app...but that's the benefit of using the Android ecosystem: choice/options!
Yeah, light manager does exactly what I wanted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463