Idol 3 vs. Moto X

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Depends on which moto x you're comparing the 5.5" idol 3 to. I'd go with the idol 3 over the 2014 moto x for the much brighter screen (big difference in sunlight), very good front facing speakers, micro SD and better battery life. I'm currently using idol 3 as my daily driver and briefly had the 2014 moto x. I'm much happier with the idol 3.

The 2015 Moto x is one of the top flagships and I'd pick it over the idol 3 unless the $150 price difference is a major factor.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
There are two different Moto X devices in 2015. The X Style/Pure is a much better phone than the Idol (and more expensive too). The X Play/Maxx 2 is a mid-range phone, comparable with the Idol. Between these two phones I prefer the Play because the battery, display and camera are better in my opinion.

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Not gonna to lie. The moto x pure (2015) has me seriously thinking about swapping my idol 3. Speakers on the X are comparable from what I've read. But the better camera, water resistance, moto maker and overall lag free experience on the moto has me thinking hard about it. If they drop the price on black Friday I may jump on it (as much as I love my idol).

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Asus ZF2 vs Moto X, I would have to say Moto X hands down. The ZF2 is good for its price point but Moto offers much more and out of the box you will have US carrier support without having to deal with jumping through hoops with AT&T to get LTE work on the ZF2.

Plus I have had 2 issues with my ZF2 that have rendered it nearly useless. First I had to use a micro to miniSIM adapter which was working just fine until it wasn't the SIM adapter no longer stays in the SIM slot so I had to literally tape it in place and second the idiotic way they designed the microSD slot makes it nearly impossible to remove the microSD card. I gave up after an hour of trying to get the card out and had to rip the metal part off the phone to get my card out, so no more microSD card on my phone.

hpham72

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
My Idol 3 5.5 is so laggy I almost regret buying it. My Moto X 2013 was much snappier under pretty much the same usage conditions. I think it's the 1080 display that really bogs it down. But the display, form factor as well as good audio on headphones that save it. But this is probably the last time I go low end on a phablet. I'd recommend going higher end if you can afford it.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
My Idol 3 5.5 is so laggy I almost regret buying it. My Moto X 2013 was much snappier under pretty much the same usage conditions. I think it's the 1080 display that really bogs it down.

That's what I thought before I flashed CM 12.1 (5.1.1). Now my idol 3 is pretty much lag free and at least as fast as G2 and OPO.

PeltFrelken

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate all the replies. I think I'm gonna just go for the new Moto X. I don't want to be cheap and regret it later.

Posted via the Android Central App

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate all the replies. I think I'm gonna just go for the new Moto X. I don't want to be cheap and regret it later.

I would probably do the same but to be honest don't let the idol's price fool you into thinking it's a cheap phone. There is nothing about it that really says or feels "cheap". Yes the X offers more (and I want one) but the idol is no slouch either.

PeltFrelken

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate the reply. And to all who read this question, I didn't intend to imply Idol 3 owners are cheap, I meant cheap vs more expensive. Thanks again.

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate the reply. And to all who read this question, I didn't intend to imply Idol 3 owners are cheap, I meant cheap vs more expensive. Thanks again.

Definitely didn't take it that way...its all good. Either way your getting a damn good phone. Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance