Extreme battery drain over night, how can I stop it?

A

AC Question

Extreme battery drain over night

Hi!

I have an Alcatel Onetouch Idol 3 (4.7") and I have some trouble with the battery.. When I use the phone the battery is fine, I can usually use i throughout the day without the battery dropping below 60 or 50. But I have experienced a lot of times that when I go to sleep and wake up the next morning, my battery has been drained about 30-40%! And that is with wifi, bluetooth, etc. turned off..
Anyone has an idea why it does this or how can solve the problem?
Thanks!

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Extreme battery drain over night

I have the 5.5 version, and sometimes it happens to me too.
I usually fix this with a phone restart (or 2).
If you live in a bad signal area that could also drain your battery overnight,but try to find if there's an app that drains your battery.
Good luck, and if you find something let us know.

Posted via the Android Central App

PNW123

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site

Weird. I have a 4.7" also, and rarely lose over 4% overnight. And I usually leave WiFi and Bluetooth on. The one exception is if the phone is below 20% when I go to bed - then I wake up to a dead battery. Makes no sense to me...

Posted via the Android Central App

Cameronj86

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

Hi!

I have an Alcatel Onetouch Idol 3 (4.7") and I have some trouble with the battery.. When I use the phone the battery is fine, I can usually use i throughout the day without the battery dropping below 60 or 50. But I have experienced a lot of times that when I go to sleep and wake up the next morning, my battery has been drained about 30-40%! And that is with wifi, bluetooth, etc. turned off..
Anyone has an idea why it does this or how can solve the problem?
Thanks!

Experienced the same thing for over a month but nothing that I tried resolved my issue. I was going to root my phone and had been procrastinating for a while.

Eventually, I took so long that Alcatel released their latest OTA update and my issue completely disappeared. Never found out what was causing the battery drain specifically. My guess was an internal app that was not optimized or a system process that had a conflict in the last update.