New November System Update

bramgoodwin

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
Just updated Alcatel idol 3 with the November security and system update.

Some of my apps are Grey, not installed. Any problems with the new version?

jazman_777

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
OEM Browser gone for me.

LTE symbol at top is different.

Android security patch level is November 1, 2016 (nice to see it get updated).

bramgoodwin

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
OEM Browser gone for me.

LTE symbol at top is different.

Android security patch level is November 1, 2016 (nice to see it get updated).

Same changes for me. Why include 4G with LTE? IS THERE NON 4G LTE?

I am impressed they are pushing out security patches. Any chance upgrade to 7.0 coming soon?

Stuexeter

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
t's screwed up my phone big time. Not recognizing the SIM, slow/unresponsive to the point you can't do anything. Pretty pissed off now

Araxxis

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Ya so i just got this update, and ive got a huge problem hopefully someone can solve. Whenever i get a notification it disables my double tap to wake AND the notifications are in black and white, kind of like moto x displays where they barely turn on the display for power savings. I even did a factory reset, it did nothing. Im gonna have to call alcatel tomorrow cause i really need that double tap to wake but figured id post here first.

Does anyone know why my notifications are in black and white like that? It is 100% messing up my double tap to wake and to get my double tap to wake back i need to restart my phone fully.

jazman_777

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the black notifications thing, noticed it last night. I open the phone, dismiss the notifications, and everything is good again. Until it happens again once the next day. It looks really strange, something is definitely wrong. It seems easily (albeit only temporarily) corrected for the moment. I didn't notice the double-tap to wake being gone, because double-tap to wake has always been a bit flaky for me (maybe I'm doing it wrong).

Araxxis

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
So i just called alcatel and after explaning the issue he wanted me to send my phone in....what good would that do? I tried explaining to him this happened because of the update, and he still didnt understand lol. I guess its hope and pray another update gets out asap. Its not just the double tap, my screen is actually unusable when those black notification screens occur until it fixes itself after hitting the power button 3-4 times. Sigh, was such a good phone up til now.

bramgoodwin

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
I also have the b/w notification when an email or notification first comes it. It lasts a few seconds and fades out. When I turn on the phone it shows the normal notifications in the lock out screen.

The two tap open works some times and some times not, which is how it has worked all along.

I happen to like the b/w notification. something different.

All else now works fine.

Araxxis

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the black notifications problem, but it doesn't disable double-tap to wake for me.

Weird, because my double tap will work all day until the second i get a notification and it instantly stops working. Have to restart phone to get it working again, really freaking lame.

petomza

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
In my case after november update I have keyboard lag when typing and "double tap on unlock" works randomly. I made the hard reset, wipe cache partition, I tested google keyboard, fleksy keyboard, and followed ( I believe ) all the suggestion that I found in forums and nothing happens.
The same situation with double tap, I tested all the possible solution without success.

Araxxis

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
My phone is still messed up, is there any way to get rid of these black notifications? Is it an alcatel thing or marshmallow? Id also like to get the old weather widget back this one is too bulky.

Is there a way to go back to the build prior to this november update? I really dont like doing stuff like that because of security patches and whatnot, but this is super annoying for someone who has relied on double tap to wake for years (had LG G2 for two years).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma