Alcatel's new phones

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The Idol 4 and 4S have been announced.

Alcatel Idol 4 + 4S hands-on | Android Central

Physically, the phone looks really nice. The second image down shows a speaker tucked just under the screen, and I really like the looks of it. Granted, there may be some unseen complications to this set up, but just by aesthetics, this is really really cool.

What do you guys think? This might be a good mid range device.

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't buy it. I purchased the Idol 3, this was a first time Alcatel purchase, but the way it is looking now, no Marshmallow for the Idol 3, so I wouldn't get this now that I know Alcatel's record regarding updates.

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm impressed so far with the Idol 4. I do like the new Nexbit Robin too but... $399 + extras over $400 it's a bit steep for me. I hope the Idol 4 not the S will come in under $300. Let's see what Alcatel puts out their first batch. Maybe a steal on the table at $249 to $275 range.

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've been tempted by the Idol 4.7 of late. The specs, styling, performance and price are good. I'm therefore interested in what this company, which seems to be in the ascendant, has to offer, now and in the future.

Also, I thought that Alcatel was generally said to be good with updates.

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm impressed so far with the Idol 4. I do like the new Nexbit Robin too but... $399 + extras over $400 it's a bit steep for me. I hope the Idol 4 not the S will come in under $300. Let's see what Alcatel puts out their first batch. Maybe a steal on the table at $249 to $275 range.

I think the base idol 4 (not s) will definitely be under $300. (Guessing $249.) hoping we can pre-order soon.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The Idol 4 and 4S have been announced.

Alcatel Idol 4 + 4S hands-on | Android Central

Physically, the phone looks really nice. The second image down shows a speaker tucked just under the screen, and I really like the looks of it. Granted, there may be some unseen complications to this set up, but just by aesthetics, this is really really cool.

What do you guys think? This might be a good mid range device.

After this review, i cannot WAIT for it... Was going to go with S7, but just couldn't make the leap...i had the Idol 3 5.5 and i REALLY liked it, but it just felt too "chintzy" so i sold it... Looks like they have fixed that, and stepped it up BIG TIME... Dual FRONT & REAR speakers?! Heck yeah! Even if it comes in under $500, TIMY (This Is My Next!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5nVecDNBuc

BTC

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't wait any longer and jumped on the Moto x pure deal. An Idol 4 may still be in my future at some point though.

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
This phone is already outdated and it hasn't even been released yet. So many good, mid-range phones with better specs have been announced and / or released since the idol 4 was announced in Feb. Prices on those phones (Axon 7, Zenphone 3 etc) may be similar as well. I feel like Alcatel may have dropped the ball on this one. I still want one when it ultimately is released. The price has to be right though.

slick5150

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

Paul Collins4

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Just purchased the idol 4 + vr from tesco direct UK for £189 you get free case and screen protector too. What a fantastic device for the price no lag, excellent build quality and fantastic speakers oh and did I mention the great quality headphones that you also get. This is my first alcatel device and it won't be my last !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non