Prolems charging my Alcatel One Touch Evolve when it was 100 dead. Can I get some help please?

A

AC Question

Prolems charging my Alcatel One Touch Evolve when it was 100% dead/

I let my cell phone run down to where the battery was 100% dead. The phone is only 9 months old. I can't get the battery to charge up and I have tried a variety of things such as cleaning all the ports with rubbing alcohol, taking out the battery for a few minutes and even hooking it up to a new charger so the connections were tighter. Nothing has helped so far.
Any other recommendations? I do not have any lollipop or any other apps like that on the phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Prolems charging my Alcatel One Touch Evolve when it was 100% dead/

Welcome to the forums. When the phone dropped to 0, the voltage may have dropped below the point to where it can't turn the device on. How long have you let it try to charge?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Once a phone dies in this manner, it is often required to leave it on a charger for 4 to 24 hours to resume a normal charge. That being said, devices should never be allowed to drop to 0% and turn themselves off - 20% is bad enough.

sparkolas

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site

Despite this is an old posting...............

Here's a trick:

If your charge source is wimpy [too weak] - use a stronger change source.

Some standard USB charge ports run a low output: All USBs spit out 5VDC but the CURRENT available is NOT the same.

The charger supplied with your device may only provide 0.5 amp (500 milliamps)

Try an unit with 1.0 amp or greater to push your battery back into charging.

This method worked for me once when the device would'nt charge and it was suggested to go BIG: 1 AMP or more!

Last edited: