Cell BroadCast

luizmees

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
My name is Fellipe and i got this Alcatel One Touch Fierce
from T-Mobile with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. I had it unlocked
and I'm using it here in Brazil. I had rooted it using Framaroot and I'm using it's original ROM.
It's a pretty good device, but I'm facing a issue that is driving me crazy. I'm receiving over 100 CBs in a day from my network carrier. I looked around a lot of place and found a lot of ways of solving this problem but none of those had done it on my device.
Been told to:
1 - Settings -> Wireless & Network -> More - Disable Cell BroadCast. My device does not have this menu.
2 - Go on the messaging app -> menu -> Disable Cell BroadCast. Don't have the menu either. Only New Message or Find. No Menu.
3 - Disable the CellBroadcastReceiver.apk on /system/app. Didn't have this apk on that folder. I did install it and started to have two notifications for each cb (one on messaging and one on cellbroadcastreceiver). Disabled the CellBroadcastReceiver.apk (using noBloat.apk) but keeping get those CB's on the messaging apk.
For the end I had disabled mms.apk (messaging) and for now didn't receiver no more CB, but the messaging apk is no long enabled.
Does anyone know how can i disable those annoying CBs without disabling mms.apk? Is there a setting that can be done to solve it?

Thanks.