Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cell BroadCast

Hi,
    My name is Fellipe and i got this Alcatel One Touch Fierce
    from T-Mobile with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. I had it unlocked
    and I'm using it here in Brazil. I had rooted it using Framaroot and I'm using it's original ROM.
    It's a pretty good device, but I'm facing a issue that is driving me crazy. I'm receiving over 100 CBs in a day from my network carrier. I looked around a lot of place and found a lot of ways of solving this problem but none of those had done it on my device.
    Been told to:
    1 - Settings -> Wireless & Network -> More - Disable Cell BroadCast. My device does not have this menu.
    2 - Go on the messaging app -> menu -> Disable Cell BroadCast. Don't have the menu either. Only New Message or Find. No Menu.
    3 - Disable the CellBroadcastReceiver.apk on /system/app. Didn't have this apk on that folder. I did install it and started to have two notifications for each cb (one on messaging and one on cellbroadcastreceiver). Disabled the CellBroadcastReceiver.apk (using noBloat.apk) but keeping get those CB's on the messaging apk.
    For the end I had disabled mms.apk (messaging) and for now didn't receiver no more CB, but the messaging apk is no long enabled.
    Does anyone know how can i disable those annoying CBs without disabling mms.apk? Is there a setting that can be done to solve it?

Thanks.

Global Posts
    17,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Cell BroadCast

I don
    Quote Originally Posted by luizmees View Post
    Does anyone know how can i disable those annoying CBs without disabling mms.apk?
    I don't think so. Sorry.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here