Battery life help (Alcatel Pop 4+) - can't find answer on google...

rekacsillagasz

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
So, there's this built in app on my Alcatel Pop 4+ called "Apps". I never saw it pop up on my battery-taking apps list before I opened it for the first time a couple months ago, but now my battery life has gone to crap! To give you some perspective, in my list of battery-consuming apps right now, since the last full charge "Apps" has taken 39% of my battery while the next most draining item (my screen, which normally consumes most battery) has taken only 9% (I'm on 19% right now.) I didn't even notice it in my battery list before so there's no way it needs this much battery, but if I try to disable it a box pops up telling me if I do, other apps won't function. I've tried googling it, but since the name of the app is "Apps", it's only bringing up results about other apps that drain lots of battery. It's making it so with normal use that my phone used to be able to survive throughout the school day I can't use it the same amount throughout the whole school day without it dying even on the shortened days, with the brightness lower than before... how do I stop this? Is it actually safe to disable, since it didn't seem to do anything before? I've recently lost my portable charger, too, so this is a very frustrating problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved from the Android Apps forum to the Alcatel Pop 4 forum.

Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC