Anyone have an Echo?

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Have had it for a month, can't imagine not having it, so yes, would get it again. Amazing how many things it can do and how much time it saves me.

mslal

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I got mine last week and love it! And now that it reads my Google Calendar, I love it even more. Wonder what other features will be added over time?

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Mine was delivered about two weeks ago, and I just now got a chance to set it up. I'm amazed at the sound this little column puts out!

It's brilliant. I'm really glad I kneejerked to order one while the Prime discount was going.

zrcr

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I was stuck in all day meetings yesterday and when finally filtering through email, saw that my Echo is being delivered today. Can't wait to try it out as I ordered back in March. Certainly has potential, and hoping it isn't as buggy as a lot of other voice activated tech.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I was stuck in all day meetings yesterday and when finally filtering through email, saw that my Echo is being delivered today. Can't wait to try it out as I ordered back in March. Certainly has potential, and hoping it isn't as buggy as a lot of other voice activated tech.

Did you get to play with it last night?

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I got my Echo this week and I love it! When I come home I tell it to play music, I use Pandora and Amazon Prime music. I told it to put items on my shopping list, asked for traffic info to work, and for the weather.
I don't have any Wemo or Hue connected devices, so I haven't been able to try it out yet.
Hopefully, Amazon can work with Smarthings so we can use voice commands to control more devices.

zrcr

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Finally got it running and like it so far. It hasn't drastically changed how I work on a daily basis, but I see the enormous potential. Right now, it is just been a convenience tool. We'll see it becomes something I depend on every day.

vfp5

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Got mine a few days. This thing is awesome! Wife has a dance party every night with the kids. Sound quality ain't bad at all. 9 month old loves listening to sesame street songs and the 9 yr old keeps asking alexa a ton of questions about planets and history. Huge family hit. My need for tech finally paid off :)

Kenna Garcia

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Do you find yourself having to repeat commands?? or do they always register with the echo. Does it sometimes think you said something else?? how is the volume on it and sound quality on it, would it be good to play some tunes??

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Do you find yourself having to repeat commands?? or do they always register with the echo. Does it sometimes think you said something else?? how is the volume on it and sound quality on it, would it be good to play some tunes??

I sometimes have to repeat commands, but I think it's because of where I placed my Echo. I listen to music on it when I get home and it plays pretty good. I can tell her to play prime music stations and Pandora.
To me the sound is pretty good, I have the volume on level 4-5 and it is sounds good. I haven't tried it on a higher level though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
The anniversary of Woodstock is this weekend, so there's a Prime Playlist for the occasion... just say, "Alexa, play the Prime Playlist Woodstock Revisited."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty