VAPr Virtual Assistant Player - Alexa skills inventory and playback

gypsysdream

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
I just pushed my first android app to production that allows you to create playlists for demonstrating skills of any voice assistant. I am interested in getting any kind of feedback from users. I have mostly been using this with Alexa, but should work with 'Hey Siri' and 'OK H

The premise behind this, when I first got my echo I came across numerous websites that had lists of things to try. Now there are many examples for Echo, Siri, Cortana, Hey Goggle, etc. I didn't feel like reading all of these examples and then forgetting where the good skills were on the web, so I decided I needed an app to extract these questions, manage the inventory of skills with flexible playlist management and provide the ability to execute the playlists using text-to-speech and speech recognition to determine when a response has been received. Since I had to detect responses, I attempt to convert the received audio back to text for display. The audio is never stored, although it is transmitted to Google Voice Services for conversion.

So, I worked on this on and off over the last year, gaining some much-needed android experience along the way. I look forward to hearing people’s opinion of the app and anything you think could be an improvement.

Play Store listing

Regards,
Joe