Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Just_Some_Nobody
  • 2 Post By NoNexus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Default Amazon Fire Phone has Mayday, now you don't need to go onto those silly android forums for answers

Yes, those are words straight from Amazon’s CEO, Jeff Bezos. He took a nice stab at Android forums today, talking about when he has a question about his Android device. Last fall, with the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX, Amazon introduced MayDay, which is basically their 24/7 live tech support for their devices. It’s a pretty cool concept. You can hit the MayDay button from the notification pull down and an Amazon representative will answer within 15 seconds. While you can see the MayDay representatives, they cannot see you, but as soon as they answer they can see your entire device, and see what you have open and stuff. MayDay is available 24/7, and 365 days a year. No holidays for them, unfortunately.

Amazon also stated that MayDay will work on WiFi, 3G and 4G LTE networks. Which is pretty great considering it’s streaming video and we know how some carriers have been with video calls in the past with Apple’s Facetime and Google’s hangouts. While we reviewed the Kindle Fire HDX tablets last fall, we checked out MayDay and were really impressed with how well it worked. Even around Christmas time, you still got a answer from a representative within 15 seconds, which is pretty amazing in my opinion. You can call MayDay when you need help getting your tablet unfrozen – although you may not be able to call MayDay then – or if you need help changing your wallpaper. They can help you with just about anything.
    Amazon's Fire Phone will Support MayDay, so you don't have to go those "Droid Forums" for Answers | Androidheadlines.com

I felt like posting this to be a smartass :P

Default Re: Amazon Fire Phone has Mayday, now you don't need to go onto those silly android forums for answe

"OK Mayday. How do I root my Fire Phone?"

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

Default Re: Amazon Fire Phone has Mayday, now you don't need to go onto those silly android forums for answe

i do like the mayday feature alot. its great for support
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, One+, Venue Pro 8 & Nook HD+
    www.twitter.com/howarmat

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Some_Nobody View Post
    "OK Mayday. How do I root my Fire Phone?"

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.
    and sideload the Google Play Store?

Global Posts
    1,999 Global Posts

and how do i navigate to my folder filled with tentacle pr0n? ....imagine their face!

my friends who have android can run all these cool apps. Why cant I?

Unfortunately now you cant ask those funny questions to your AI phone. Like "where can i hide a dead body?"

Quote Originally Posted by NoNexus View Post
    and sideload the Google Play Store?
    That will be a big thing
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, One+, Venue Pro 8 & Nook HD+
    www.twitter.com/howarmat